Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrov in London and Mido to stay!!

Options
  • 25-07-2007 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Mido does not like his new contract or Ghaly and they might stay. Can't we pay Birmingham please to take them for nothing?

Petrov supposedly a done deal at £6M and in London for medical!!

Now if we can only sell Gardiner, Murphy, Staltieri, Routledge?

Roll on the new season:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rumours this evening Petrov has signed for Man City, Spanish paper Marca the source.

Very bad miss by Spurs if that is the case, we are either interested or not...no point fcuking around arguing over a couple of 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah I'm not liking those rumours. I can only imagine that, if he signs for City, we either didn't want him or had a few problems with him. I'm still holding out that we'll see him in a Spurs shirt as he'd be the perfect teacher for Rose, but at the moment it's not looking good.

I'm also still hopeful of Boateng joining and if that happens, along with Petrov, I'll be a pretty happy Spurs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

According to NewsNow:

Petrov set for City despite Spurs and Hammers interest (The Daily Mail 07:50)

Petrov on the way to Spurs (all3points - Tottenham 08:41)

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=447721

What a load of crap!! Why isn't he signing for us? Dammit, this has really pissed me off as he was the one signing I really wanted us to get. Grrrr!!! :mad:

[merged your thread Si - reckless]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

I reckon the Petrov deal came down to wages. He's 28; and like Lucas Neill, and unlike Darren Bent; just to take a couple of examples, this could be his last big payday. 10 grand a week over three years is 1.5 million sterling. That will buy a flat in Bucharest or two. Can't blame him, and can't blame us for keeeping our wage structure intact. Watch Citeh and the Hammers and remember Leeds.
    On the left we have BAE, Bale, Lee YP and now Rose. Malbranque, Taarabt, Taanio even Robbie could do a job on the left. Maybe we'll play an offset system with Lennon switching wings in front of a midfield three. If the deal ain't right it aint right. We have nabbed Kaboul, Bent, bale, and now Rose. These players have come here by choice, ahead of Chelsea, the Hammers, possibly Manyoo in Bale's case. So far not bad at all. No more panic buys, and lets unload a few.
    Another (brief) point on wages. Buy a player on too high wages, and if it does'nt work out, how do you unload hom (see mido as a possible example). We must always be ready to cut our losses. I BMJ and DC we trust.

Advertisement