Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oakley

• 25-07-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hmm, Right,

I got hold of the domain oakley.eu.

It currently points to my age old (hasn't been touched in years) oakley.ie website (back when I was contracting!).

For various reasons I don't want the site for oakley.eu to look even remotely corporate any more and find myself needing a logo! so I can at least put up a home page with just a login buton

Now comes the problem, I'm not particularly good at the whole graphic design thing! (can ye guess where this is going yet?)

Is there a graphial genius out there that fancies providing me with a nice oakley logo? Something a bit nice kinda sorta!

Oh, and please don't make it look too much like the oakley.com logo. Those guys hate me for owning the domain anyway!

I kind of like abstracy shapes and shiney stuff! attached is a silly one I did from a website a while back!

Anyhoo, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

oakers wrote:

Is there a graphial genius out there that fancies providing me with a nice oakley logo?
    Graphical geniuses don't come cheap. What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Hadn't really thought of one to be brutally honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

mods, how about renaming this forum to free logo design requests, seems more appropriate.

heggie wrote:
    mods, how about renaming this forum to free logo design requests, seems more appropriate.

I never said I wanted it free!

I just have no idea what to expect and have the graphical design talent of a dead goat!

Please excuse my ignorance in an area of the interweb in which you are obviously far superior! * Deep sarcasm

Have a nice day sir!

In fairness I might have expected somebody to post a small example and say something like "if you want the high res version it'll be........."

Or something similar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

in fairness oakers, it takes a fair bit of time to work through concepts, bring a few versions to artwork stage etc... i can't see anyone decent doing it on the offchance that you might like to pay for a high res version (particularly when the low res is what you'd use for the website anyhow)

I'd say you might get a junior to come up with something decent for about €300

just as a heads up... the current graphics on the site don't give a great first impression of your company - what's that worth to you?

Thanks for your comments Minikin,

The whole company thing is kind of the point! There is no company anymore!

I just want to stick up a logo with a "login" button underneath it so that family with e-mail accounts can click on it for webmail! So for that reason I don't want to spend vast amounts of money! Having said that, €300 doesn't seem unreasonable!

I know that design takes time which is why I stuck up a picture of something simple that appeals to me! I just have no ability it make it, well, nice!

The term "Graphic Design Genius" probably should have read differently so as not to attract the wrong attention!

Ah well, I'll just stick up some text until I can be bothered to get a pro! Or take a course in photoshop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

illustrator! :)

Maybe time to find a dummies guide!

Thanks again!

Advertisement