Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Yes they can. The college decides how many students they want in a course.
    It's generally always followed the pattern that if the number of places go down and demand remains relatively static, that the points will go up.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Yes they can. The college decides how many students they want in a course.

Are u sure that's true, i went to a lecture in trinity at the open day and the lecturer told us that they wanted to have more places for said course but the GOVERNMENT are keeping the numbers of places down on purpose:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

what course do u want to do?Arts

were is this course situated?UCD

do u think u will get into this course?yeah, hopefully should. bout 90% sure

how did u find the leaving cert exams?As a whole...over-hyped. Some individual ones were tough, some easy enough

what was the hardest examination? Maths prob for me

what was the easiest examination?In the end, either physics or Irish(ord level both)

would u ever repeat? Dont want to, but if I didnt get the points for Arts, I'd prob have to...its my only course down

No idea about the quote but after looking back on other posts, I'm inclines to say Shaw!

As Jc2K3 said, neither! And for the same reasons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

regob wrote:
    this forum has got ever so boring so im going to try to make it better.

a few questions for the students who have just sat the leaving cert.

what course do u want to do?

were is this course situated?

do u think u will get into this course?

how did u find the leaving cert exams?

what was the hardest examination?

what was the easiest examination?

would u ever repeat?

" an irishmans heart is nothing but his imagination" is a quote from which authors work ?

****** or electric picnic ?

please try ure best to answer these

Physics
    Ucc
    Yes
    Anticlimatic
    French
    Physics
    Nah
    Both, as well as Primavera Sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 reddiva

what course do u want to do? Arts

were is this course situated? UCD

do u think u will get into this course? I should do...about 80% sure I've done well enough

how did u find the leaving cert exams? Not as bad as expected, but i didn't work hard enough

what was the hardest examination? Biology

what was the easiest examination? Maths

would u ever repeat? i don't know yet...6th yr was brill so I prob would if i had to

" an irishmans heart is nothing but his imagination" is a quote from which authors work ? Haven't a clue!

****** or electric picnic ? ******

• Advertisement

sd123 wrote:
    Are u sure that's true, i went to a lecture in trinity at the open day and the lecturer told us that they wanted to have more places for said course but the GOVERNMENT are keeping the numbers of places down on purpose:mad:

Some courses are regulated from above, but for the rest the college can decide, yes. Obviously if a college decides tomorrow to give 500 extra medicine places the Minister for Education would probably step in and open a can of whoop-ass over someone's head, but in the Universities at least they are free to do what they like in relation to the creation and deletion of courses. In Trinity, it was previously agreed that the max level of undergraduate students was set to remain at 11,500 (I think) or there abouts, but I remember reading something recently which said that this decision from 2003 or 2004 or so was changed to allow further undergraduates. Plus didn't you know that lecturers know everything?

As someone said to me before about Trinity: sure why let something like the Irish Government decide what's best for Trinity, given that relatively speaking they've only been around for a few years! There are countless arguments against this, but it's funny all the same.

Advertisement