Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

javascript and css on ebay

Options
  • 25-07-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi, not sure if this is the correct forum to ask.
    But i was wondering how to add javascript/css to my descriptions.

to give an example of what i would like to do, look at this page here.

it has a tabbed menu using javascript and css, but how do they do that?
    i mean, how do they get it into the description, because each time i've tried, its been stripped out by the filtering.

any help at all appreciated..out of luck getting an answer.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Have you asked ebay? Theres obviously a way to do it but looking at the html it's nothing mysterious or any trick other than css and javascript that has not been stripped so you need to find out why ebay strip it from your html which is something only they could answer. Or maybe a site that has a good guide for ebay sellers might cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

when creating an item you have the option to choose a text editor or a html editor.

if you choose the html editor you should be able to do it depending on your javascript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 John Doherty

when creating an item you have the option to choose a text editor or a html editor.

if you choose the html editor you should be able to do it depending on your javascript.

hey, this worked! the problem was, i kept going back to standard view for a preview, and it was being re-formatted.

problem solved, thanks!

Advertisement