Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

places to go in the county

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

just thought this might be a good thread with it being summer :eek:

so where do ye like to go on a day out with the children or as a couple..

last week we went to stonehall near curraghchase, it was lovely
    7euro each to get in ,the kids had a ball, its a farm with lots of different animals there....deer, llama, ostrich,owls, pigs,and plenty of small pets for kids to pet....rabbit,mice,cat,chinchillas,snakes and plenty others too

and a bouncy castle and lots of karts and tractors and bikes to cycle on

buttercup farm is nice too....

so any ideas on how else to amuse the kids on these dreary summer days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

go-karting in kilcornan just by the entrance to curraghchase always go with all my friends when we're bored of town.

lough gur is good too for a stroll or a few games of soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Would depend on the age of the kids but the Flying boat museum in Foynes is worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ah buttercup farm, now that brings back memories...
    As poxyshamrock said go karting is great in kilcornan and theres paintballing just outside rathkeale (can't remember exact location but its in that area).

Were can you play football (soccer ) in Lough Gur

Oh and climbing the Galtee's

More will come to me
    Oh ya theres that long walks in the mountains you can do down by kilfinane maybe somebody can remember the name of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

my 2 girls are only 3 and 7...but i meant this thread for anyone who fanicied some where to go....not just me:D

ahh have been to kilcornan with my brothers and hubby but i ended up having to watch the kids so was a spectator!

ahh have been to lough gur too...its fab on a fine day with a pic nic

thanks guys keep em coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Paintballing is in Shanagolden. For those in the south of the county, Doneraile House and Park in North Cork is a good place for the kids...lakes..playground and I think the hous is due to re-open soon too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya thats were i went, I knew it wasnt rathkeale sorry about that

Advertisement