Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shore Dive Sites?

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey people,

Anyone care to name a few nice shore dive sites in or around Dublin, I just need to get out and play with kit configuration, so I'm looking for somewhere to try out a couple of things.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

The Captains in Skerries? It's at Red Island, on the headland near the harbour.

Plenty deep (30'?), big naturally-enclosed area, Both ladder & steps for entry/exit, parking reasonably close-by.

I've snorkelled there a few times and have seen crabs, starfish & anenomes. I know people who have seen seals quite close-up there while diving.

It'll be busy with kids at the weekends, and during the week now too, I suppose, with school holidays in effect.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

sandycove harbour.

was snorkelling thurs night and two seals followed us from bullock harbour all the way back to sandycove. started to freak me out!!

Advertisement