Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clueless staff

• 26-07-2007 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Went into a mobile phone store yesterday enquiring about the orbit and the n95 on display.

Asked the salesperson about EDGE on the orbit- they didn't have a clue what EDGE was. Neither could they they tell me what the data add-ons were for these phones.
    I didn't even bother asking much about the gps on the devices- assumed i wouldn't get anywhere. Ended up getting practically no information in the end.

Does this sound standard or would you expect staff to be a bit more informed.
    I don't expect staff to be experts but it really is like talking to the wall sometimes.
    Anyone else with a similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

It was an o2 store.
    May have just been this particular salesperson.
    Admittedly some are less clueless than others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,942 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mkennedy wrote:
    It was an o2 store.
    May have just been this particular salesperson.
    Admittedly some are less clueless than others.

Talk to O2 Data support - these guys are **** hot, they really know their stuff.

You may remember the thread I started a week or so ago regarding my dealings with O2 data support - all very positive, they knew all about EDGE and were able to tell me the kind of speeds I could expect on my Atom (which, I knew of course already :D). They also explained what I could do regarding O2's broadband bundle on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I agree with Tom Dunne, o2 data support are excellent to deal with and you're never left long waiting to speak to someone. They always know their stuff.
    I wish I could say the same for 3 :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Some people who work in phone shops have absolutely no interest in the field, they just want a job that pays and concentrate on the easy bill pay contracts.
    Or they hate going to training sessions, which are generally held in the evenings after work in hotels.

Not excusing it, just explaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

100% with pythia,
    if they're interested in their job,all is good!but if not all it is them is a job,you get that everywhere!
    mark,was it a normal o2 store or a o2 experience store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i asked one of the girls on 3 on grafton street about phones with WiFi, she asked what is wifi!?!?! i couldnt even explain to her, i was like em... normal wireless internet, 802.11 wireless protocol, you know....

all i got in response was 'all the phones have the internet' - good job!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Call_me_al wrote:
    i asked one of the girls on 3 on grafton street about phones with WiFi, she asked what is wifi!?!?! i couldnt even explain to her, i was like em... normal wireless internet, 802.11 wireless protocol, you know....

all i got in response was 'all the phones have the internet' - good job!!!
    to answer your question, the only phone currently on 3 with wifi is the e65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

@damo86. Normal o2 store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement