Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is the orig Xbox to buy in the shops?

• 26-07-2007 5:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying one for XBMC

Does the xbox need to be modded to run XBMC? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭qballirl

as far as i know yes it doe need to be modded, ill giv ya a broken xbox if ya want its got an error message coming up never bothered to fix it but i did look it up and it was fixable, i made a stupid mistake of deleting a few files that shouldnt have been deleted. Give us a PM if ya want it as its sittin under the bed taken up all the space for my magazines, but i would have to suggest a media centre on a standard OS aswell if you wanna be playin about with something that you dont know to much about id suggest a media centre on a linux box, theres some pretty cool open source ones out there that will even let you controll lights and what not (if you have the hardware of course.) but let me know if ya want that or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can pick up a 2nd hand XBOX and controller in GAME or Gamestop for €55.
    It'll cost another few bob to mod it with XBMC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

qballirl wrote:
    as far as i know yes it doe need to be modded, ill giv ya a broken xbox if ya want its got an error message coming up never bothered to fix it but i did look it up and it was fixable, i made a stupid mistake of deleting a few files that shouldnt have been deleted. Give us a PM if ya want it as its sittin under the bed taken up all the space for my magazines, but i would have to suggest a media centre on a standard OS aswell if you wanna be playin about with something that you dont know to much about id suggest a media centre on a linux box, theres some pretty cool open source ones out there that will even let you controll lights and what not (if you have the hardware of course.) but let me know if ya want that or not.

Ill take that off your hands if your looking to get rid of it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

How about you try ringing some shops.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Dave6195 wrote:
    How about you try ringing some shops.....

How about you ring the shops and find out and then get back to me

• Advertisement

Calm down lads...

Fighting Irish. I have an XBOX with 2 controllers soft-modded with XBMC if your interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

ongarite wrote:
    Calm down lads...

Fighting Irish. I have an XBOX with 2 controllers soft-modded with XBMC if your interested.

I'm new to xbox modding, what is soft modded? No chip?

Around what price you looking for?

A soft-mod is a software based mod to XBOX BIOS/OS using a font or clock-loop hack. No chip is installed, the xbox hardware remains untouched.
    Its takes around 5 minutes to install, very very simple.

Advertisement