Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I got 5 numbers in the lotto.

• 26-07-2007 6:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Had the random ticket I got for last nights draw was bought for the July 4th draw. :(

As it stands I won a scratch card. :confused:

I have a strange feeling that they program the thing like slot machines. In that you always get a winner just in view but not the current winner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

For this reason, I always, always always, always, always get a quickpick.

Too many stories of people who had 'regular numbers' for getting them and them coming up.

Or, people who do use their family members various ages, then it was their sons/daughter/marmot's birthday, so they changed the number but the old one came up.

Quickpick ftw, ALWAYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I won!!!!*

*If I had gotten the same ticket last week. Bloody quickpick gave me last weeks winning numbers. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Won a scratchcard last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

3 plus the bonus for me - €28 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

On two lines, not one single number matched up.

This is a sham. This was about my fourth time playing so I am expecting the big win this Saturday.

After that I am done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Paddy Dignam

No joy here either. And I spent €8 instead of my usual €4. So I had a pint less to compensate! Do most people here do the Lotto plus as well? I usen't to till it was pointed out to me that a good few bob could be won on these draws without all the media hype (compared to the main one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm convinced the lotto is a fix, they have all the numbers of tickets purchased in 15mins before the draw, then they let out the balls(they're weighted) that they no there will be no winner on and they let it roll and roll on till someone makes a killing when they decide ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

No joy here either. And I spent €8 instead of my usual €4. So I had a pint less to compensate! Do most people here do the Lotto plus as well? I usen't to till it was pointed out to me that a good few bob could be won on these draws without all the media hype (compared to the main one).

I do lotto plus for this simple reason. Imagine you get a normal ticket and your six numbers show up on one of the lotto plus draws. you would kill yourself for not paying the extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Paddy Dignam

I do lotto plus for this simple reason. Imagine you get a normal ticket and your six numbers show up on one of the lotto plus draws. you would kill yourself for not paying the extra.

As good a reason as any!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm convinced the lotto is a fix, they have all the numbers of tickets purchased in 15mins before the draw, then they let out the balls(they're weighted) that they no there will be no winner on and they let it roll and roll on till someone makes a killing when they decide ...

I swear that reminds me of a plot to a film or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I did a 20 Euro quickpick for the hell of it, and entered into 2 syndicates at work. So I had about 40 lines in total to go with. I think I got 3 numbers in the Lotto Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SquirrelOnCrack

I 2nd that. The lotto is won almost everyweek, if there is a role-over it is won on the second week. Then when it roles over several times more and more people play increasing the likelyhood of a winner.

With the lotto reaching 13m last night I can imagine there were alot of ppl playing who would never play, plus the usuals spending twice or triple the amount they would normally play. This happens every now and then, the lotto just keeps rolling over. Lotto rakes in the cash.

I think that in the days running up to the draw they collect a list of 6 of the least picked numbers and put weights in those balls.

Rant over...(Im really just jealous I didnt/wont win. Its never me..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

can anyone explain to a poor foreigner like me the difference between Lotto, Lotto plus 1 and Lotto plus 2 please? :D
    the 16mln jackpot is only for the first one?

tnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

www.lotto.ie

You pay 50c extra per line to enter the lotto plus draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You get Lotto plus thrown in if you spend a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah the lotto, along with scratch cards the greatest stealth tax there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

cson wrote:
    Ah the lotto, along with scratch cards the greatest stealth tax there is.
    o_O

How is it a tax?
    The proceeds go to charity.
    It's also voluntary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't the government take some cut of it? Forgive me if i'm wrong, my ignorance only permits me to see the most cynical and devious schemes possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

ScumLord wrote:
    You get Lotto plus thrown in if you spend a tenner.

what??? no you don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Terry wrote:
    How is it a tax?
    The proceeds go to charity.
    It's also voluntary.

You shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good whinge! ;)

ekevosu wrote:
    what??? no you don't
    Of course you don't
    It's also impossible to play the lotto without lotto plus for €10.

Advertisement