Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 in Louth

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys just new here and want to know if anyone has any personal experience of Net1 in the Louth area?? Reliability/VOIP/Download Speeds etc... would really like some feedback before I take the plunge.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Your first hurdle will be in getting them to even talk to you. I spent about 2 months chasing them via regular phone calls to their Dundalk office to get a line of site test.

In the end I just gave up and got a 3G datacard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Most complaints about net1 involve getting net1 to come out to test and install .

Once ( or if ) you do get it it has a good reputation .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

We have had Net 1 in the business premises at home for the last year or so. I changed the connection over wirelessly to the house there this week. I did a few tests there last night to see what the network is like. Packet loss is very low @ 5%, pings were decent but that's not a big problem for users here, the network upstream of Net1 did seem troublesome though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Friends of mine have had it in Collon for about the last two years or thereabouts I think. They have not had any major problems with it and overall are quite pleased.

However the big big problem seems to be getting their attention. If you do a search on here you will find plenty of material to back this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

ballooba wrote:
    We have had Net 1 in the business premises at home for the last year or so. I changed the connection over wirelessly to the house there this week. I did a few tests there last night to see what the network is like. Packet loss is very low @ 5%, pings were decent but that's not a big problem for users here, the network upstream of Net1 did seem troublesome though.

5% packet loss is quite high. There should be almost none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

See what the download speeds are like, to double-check those packet loss stats. Normally people would notice 5% packet loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Louthdude

Thanks guys , well the good thing is that service once connected seems to be quite good so that is re assuring. Just have to make final decision and maybe see how long the current waiting time is.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

I can add my name to the list of people whose emails and phone calls have been ignored. If you could get in touch with their customer service it would probably be worse than eircoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

I agree that initially they are hard to get out to the house and to install, but I have it since before xmas in the Kells area, and im very happy with the service

I guess they have so much demand but not enough installers. If you have a good product but bad customer service it makes the product bad. They need to cut down those waiting lists .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sunkist2412

Where do I start??

I have had Net1 now for 3 years. Im near knockbridge. It took them ages to call out first but when the did it was installed soon after,

I have had LOADS of problems with it from day 1. It would only connect every other day and very slow all the time,

I'm now on 2Mb down and the most I ever get is 50kbps. Thats on a very good day, The best it ever was in 3 years was last monday, I got a whopping 130kbps while downloading a file, I was over the moon.

The only advantage of it for me over dial-up is that its always on and its cheaper than eircom phone bills, but its no faster at all.

Im thinking about getting rid of it to be honest and getting skyDSL but I hear its got terrible lag, This sucks as mostly what I use the interweb for is gaming online on the PS3. I dont think its going to be possible but then again. Its not possible now either with Net1 so.........

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

I have been chasing them for about two years. Digi Web are now installing in my area so I think Net 1 has missed the boat with me. It should not be so difficult to give somebody your money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Hello.

Im with Net1 and also from the knockbridge area. My advice to you would be try everyone else first and see can they give you wireless broadband as Net1's service is just nonexistent. They ignore all emails and calls and their broadband is pi5s poor, Well it is for me anyway. Slower than dail-up but thats probably down to my location,

Just dont be schocked if you get a very bad signal and dont expect ANY support or help from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm on Net1 in Dundalk and find it excellent. Great speed and very little downtime.

Is it just maybe that Knockbridge is in a blackspot?? Ive heard that if you dont have a complete line of sight to the mast then its a problem. Where I am I can see the mast with a pair of binoculars quite clearly with no obstructions so I keeping my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

we've been trying to get them out just for a line test for over a year now, ringing nearly once a week, still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I just got connected and so far the speeds and service are excellent. Im very happy with the service. It did take ages to get it but now its in Im glad i perservered. :) Byebye Eirscum!!!

Whereabouts are you based?

Riverstown Co.Louth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Out of interest, are you pointed at Mount Oriel (Collon)?

What are your download speeds cause mine are just pure sh1te and im getting very sick of it to be honest. 3 years now of a crap service and being ignored. Still, I have no other choice and I guess they know that and dont really care!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RAF

Hi,
    I'll be moving to Tallanstown soon, and according to http://getbroadband.ie/ there is only Net1 and Digiweb radio access in the area.
    I'm wondering if I should bother with them (looking at the previous posts how bad the Net1 customer srvice is). I really would like to avoid Digiweb - I had VERY bad experiences with them...

Regards,
    Rafal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

tbh all reports from people i know with net 1 is that there excellant, its just getting ahold of them
    some people cliam to get them to come out in days, but mostly thier town folk[conspricacy!] .I would attempt to get them,but dont hold your breath.Ive been ringing regulary for over a year,still no frakking line test!

I'd be almost certain that all of Riverstown would be able to see Mt. Oriel.

rav1410, I know it's a long shot, but you'd be best trying to contact them. The service is working for some people at least, so there's most likely a problem with either your own equipment or the net1 supplied antenna etc.

My connection is comming off another mast in Riverstown and not the Collon one. Maybe the Riverstown one links to the other im not sure.

Advertisement