Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Kenner Action figures

• 26-07-2007 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do many people on this board collect Star Wars figures...

If so are these bought as a hobby or an investment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

I have a fairly large collection now. Have'nt bought any in a few years and the whole lot are stored away in the attic since moving hose a couple of years ago.

As to whether it's a hobby or investment.... bit of both really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I used to collect all the modern ones (hasbro) but just ran out of space, and they kept re-releasing figures which pissed me off. So then I sold them all and now just collect the vintage (kenner) ones.

There are 97 basic figures and think i have about 60 of them, all c10 mint - got them on ebay and at comic con last year in san diego.

Def not an investment, prices won't rise that much on vintage at this point and modern ones sometimes actually fall (based on case packings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

When do you think they will rise on vintage?

Lexus1976 wrote:
    When do you think they will rise on vintage?

To be perfectly honest..... probably never.

It's not like the original toys that Kenner released after the first trilogy. People have been buying these figures in droves, there's just too many of them in circulation. Anybody looking for a quick buck on these things is going to be seriously disapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I've never considered collecting until now. I've hung onto all the ones I had as a kid (and I had good lot of them) but nothing more than that.

However I am considering buying carded versions of the ones I had as a kid "just to have". I think I'll get non-mint versions of the whole range also. Probably seen as a waste of money to most people (I know it felt that way to me) but now I don't know, I've recently just got the urge to get a set. So that's what I'll do. :) Certainly not doing it for profit anyway.

It's like the reverse 40YearOldVirgin. I've had the women and now I want the toys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mark73

Just looking for some advice on where might be best for selling a collection of some figures? They have been sitting in a box since I moved house

Mark73

I would have to say Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

mark73 wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice on where might be best for selling a collection of some figures? They have been sitting in a box since I moved house

Mark73

Ebay!

Note that If your figures aren't in very good condition (or are missing their weapons) then you should sell them on Ebay as a single job lot rather than as individual actions.

Collectors aren't interested in participating in auctions for individual figures that aren't in a good condition because postage will be huge relative to the items final price which will inevitiably be low.

Advertisement