Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog home alone

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

For 2 weeks, I am the only one in my house, all my family are on holidays. Meaning that my 2 year old Lhasa Apso is being left in the house by himself for nearly 10 hours, mon-fri. I try my best to get someone to come in half way through the day to let him out the back garden to go to the toilet and have a little play.

Before I leave in the morning I bring him for a short walk, and then a longer walk the minute I get in the door, and when Im not working, I rarely leave the house because I feel so bad leaving him because ive left him all week. I give him a boe to keep him occupied during the day. He doesnt destroy the furniture, doesnt go to the toilet in the house, nothng like that, Im just wondering if this is cruelty?! Hes probably so bored but im doing my best :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Its only temporary and as long as he's being well looked after and not gettting stressed I don't see the problem. Things like this happen in life now and then. Although next time if you are concerned you could always book him into a kennels for that time and take him home on weekends mind you in some kennels they do pretty much what you are doing one or two walks a day and for the rest of it they are left in the run very few kennels can give an individual dog more attention than that esp. at this time of year with so many people on hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

go to local vets, they usually have pet walkers or something like that. They could come in duing the day and walk/play with him??? or some kid you trust in the neighbourhood? Its holidays and they would like the money??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Give the dog new toys - kongs are great & can be filled with nice treats & take forever to empty out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daisy25

If you're looking for a pet sitter/walker pop over to http://www.findapetsitter.net. It's a new free website I've launched, which allows pet sitters to advertise their services and give their location on a Google Map. You can find someone near to you and contact them. There is also a Jobs board where you can detail your needs.

Any questions, just let me know,
    Maria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

could you allow him out into the back garden when your at work???

• Advertisement
Advertisement