Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT or Magnet or Smart??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

matrim wrote:
    With BT I was on the 3MB package for 50 euro, with Smart I'm going to be on MB for the same price.

Are you going to keep us guessing, matrim ? I'd guess it's 6MB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Are you going to keep us guessing, matrim ? I'd guess it's 6MB ?

Yeah 6MB down 512kb up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭flybynight

wasim21k wrote:
    i think bt have download limit so it mean its not cheap and then limit and smart i m thinking in next few comming days.
    and i heard from lots of people complaning about bt customer service even one of my friends had this experience and seen him hours on the phone with bt to sort out things :mad:

Where did you hear that Smart would be introducing a BB cap?? Has anyone else heard this? With the tecchies on their forums making jokes like this I'd be surprised if they introduced it anytime soon! (and I'd be fairly miffed since this is one of the main reason I went for Smart):
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=48

spurious wrote:
    If your speeds are showing as bad on this page,
    Smart speedtest
    you can post your attenuation figures here:
    Smart forums
    and the guys will try help you.

You will get the figures on attentuation etc from your modem/router's 'Status' page They will look something like this (these are mine):
    DSL Status: UP
    DSL Modulation Mode: G.dmt.bisplus
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 9214 K bps
    Upstream Rate: 608 K bps
    Downstream Margin: 12 db
    Upstream Margin: 17 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 31
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 16

To get into your modem type 192.168.1.1 in the address line of your browser. Default password for access to the supplied Smart modem is admin/admin
    If you are having a problem, those figures will tell the Smart people a lot. Leave your modem always connected to Smart as they run testy things during the night to check it's all OK.

Many thanks for the tip. Just waiting to get conntected now. They're saying it usually takes 2/3 weeks to set up. Do people signed up to Smart find that they got it done within this time-frame?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've heard nothing about Smart introducing a cap.

It wasn't true about them going bust, it wasn't true about them going out of business, it's not true about any 'cap'.

They are STILL the best BB supplier in Ireland, despite the best efforts of others.

Your handover time depends on the co-operation of eircom. The slightest sign of any messing from them get onto ComReg.

Advertisement