Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet suit too cold?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey, the great outdoors have a really cheap wetsuit on the website (€120) but its only a 3/2. Is this too cold for the freezing cold Irish coast.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

its perfect for the next 8 weeks but after that if you plan on staying in the water you would need a 5mm suit, what size are you, if you could fit in the largest kids size suit (slightly bigger than an adult small you could get an okay winter one for same money).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Im about 5' 8''. I probly could fit into a kids large size suit. How many X's are before the L in the kids size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

It depends on the suit, in our shop we have a tiki winter wetsuit (ADV II or Steamer) in kids and its called a K8. It retails at €120 and i assume any other shop retailing tiki kids winter suits would be the same and the Alder winter suits (stealth) go as high as XXXL in kids sizes and cost more or less the same but sometimes the deciding factor is which is the better fit which can normally change depending on the person.

Also food for tuat is the O Neill wetsuit brand, there sizes in kids go 8, 10, 12, 14, 16. 16 being the largest. Tiki K8's are the largest of all the suits.

Also general idea for you:

Atom summer suits in largest kid size is €59 or adult €79, not great suits for surfing.

Impact are €79 for kids sizes and €99 for adult, this is a good summer wetsuit for surfing

Billabongs better summer suits normally retail around €150 mark in shops and O Neill for about the same and they have another less stretchy suit for €129 and are really stretchy.

Do you know the actual great outdoors suit you were looking at? if im familiar with it i could give you some advice/

Advertisement