Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfboard storage solutions

Options
  • 26-07-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Is there a tidy way to store the surfboard inhouse?
    I think I saw brachets somewhere, where you can mount boards on the wall, off the floor. Anyone use anything like this.

Standing up beside the TV is not really an option.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

buy a bag, leave in garden

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Bag is a good idea, but I wouldn't sleep at night fearing it'd be stolen, can you lock those bags to something?

is your back garden not very ecure, if its not a huge board then under the bed, you can get a little padlock for the zip and padlock the bag to something but if someones going to rob it they will take it like, i wouldnt leave it anywhere people can see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

The DIY way:

What I did was to get 2 lengths of rope and tie a large loop into each of them and attach them to the wall with lockbolts (basically secure large screws) about a boards length from each other. Then just slide your board into them. I then tied a third rope at the bottom of two loops so the downwards pressure of the board doesnt cause your board to fall out.

Edit: Sorry just read the OP "tidy" - err I did this in my Garage with untidy knots, maybe neat knots :D

The back yard isn't secure I shouldn't think, I don't want to find out either and I don't have a garage. It may go in behind the couch or something yet..luckily the walls in the house are painted white, it's presently standing in the living room and doesn't look all that bad, not bad to me of course, others will not agree over time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Got the same problem as yerself OP, mine is currently standing in a corner of the kitchen of my tiny apartment with a towel over the top to prevent damage to board or paintwork. No shed or garage to put it in :(

I'll let you know if I think of anything.

saw a guy with one of these in the shop today, told mehe bought it here: http://www.steelcore.net/index.html, might do the job outside if you had something to tie it to

could be handy alright, combined with a bag I suppose it would do outdoors.
    Are surfbags waterproof or what's the deal with them

Well your surfboard is going to get wet anyways, lol, so a little rainwater shouldnt do any harm, lol, erm iv had my board bag retain water but im sure it isnt water tight

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

how about one of these?

http://www.nextag.com/Surfboard-Wall-Rack-Large-505284165/prices-html

I've just found the joy of surfin over the bank hol w/e... i was sh1t at it... but i've never given up something cos i was sh1t at it!

bring it on!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 longboardirelan

loads of surf racks for displaying/storing your board available. I wouldn't leave the board outside in a bag. The bag will shrink and unless the boardbag is in the shade it could delam in the heat of the sun. Do a google search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

I have used these:

http://www.stikup.co.uk/

easy to put up, and easy to to get your board in and out of.

Advertisement