Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A lil help please

• 26-07-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if ye could do me a huge favour, Im currently doing a masters and as part of my dissertation "To develop a framework for the use of Web 2.0 applications within a learning organisation" I need to complete a survey http://www.keysurvey.com/survey/161461/8d52/ . I know surveys are a pain but I would really appreciate your help and it wont take more than 2/3 minutes.

Again thank you kindly

and mods if this isnt in the right place, please feel free to move.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Very quick survey help this guy out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Did the survery, good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Seems legit. Help him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Paddy Dignam

Just did it myself, only takes a minute, come on lads, give Joseph a dig out.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Thanks guys, really appreciated the help. The responses have been great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hmm it didn't take as long as I thought. Come on lads it's only a few questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Filled it out for you and all the best of luck with it.

KM seems to be picking up speed these days. We recently had a new guy start here in IT under the title KM Officer. I'm still trying to figure out what his job is exactly...infact i think he is too :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

i am a student so i dont think i can do it :( sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

So what does "Web 2.0" mean to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Done

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Filled it out for you and all the best of luck with it.

KM seems to be picking up speed these days. We recently had a new guy start here in IT under the title KM Officer. I'm still trying to figure out what his job is exactly...infact i think he is too :p

Yeah im hoping that it really picks up bigtime over here (its really big in the states). Its a wee bit confusing alright, everyone has there own opinion on what it is. I suppose thats one of the features of it though.

And to everyone whose filled it, thanks very much

to me? I suppose its the next iteration of the web whereas traditionally a webpage would have been developed by a single developer who had a knowledge of html, but now everyone has the chance to contribute to the overall knowledge base of the web ala blogs, social networks etc. I do think that it is slighty a nice marketing term because most of the things classed as web 2.0 have been around since before O'Reilly coined the term. Personally I think the most interesting one is the wiki and its "many to many" trait instead of the "one to many" of the others. I think that has the possibility to be extremely powerful, especially in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭MrSquishSquash

joe316 wrote:
    Personally I think the most interesting one is the wiki and its "many to many" trait instead of the "one to many" of the others. I think that has the possibility to be extremely powerful, especially in business.

I'd agree with you completely there. The wiki is definitely going to make big changes in business, i could see it easily being implemented as the preferred interface for company intranets in the next few years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

You create the content, they take the revenue...

I'd agree with you completely there. The wiki is definitely going to make big changes in business, i could see it easily being implemented as the preferred interface for company intranets in the next few years!

yeah i think the fear of the pages being vandalised like on wikipedia is really non existant in an organisation since jobs are on the line. If it could be linked to an organisation's yellow pages, it would be very handy in getting you in contact with the correct person who knows that specific piece of information you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Done... best of luck. I remember getting people to do those surveys was a pain in the arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

nice quick survey.

really shows what a shower of **** i work for.

cance wrote:
    really shows what a shower of **** i work for.

Love that line, really want to put that in the thesis.

thanks again guys, really blown away by the support ye have all shown. thanks

Advertisement