Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fonejacker

• 26-07-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch it? It's quite a good laugh. The African scammer has me in stitches anytime I hear the voice, even on the ad. Can't be that easy to make a TV program about prank phone-calls but they've handled it well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I think its a superb format. Talk to me.

Its a bit like the fast show. Not very funny to start off with, but as you get to know the characters (and catch phrases), it gets funnier and funnier.

Its on tonight on E4, so check it out.

Clip:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i watched the first ep, i loved the

"Elo, I am to asking you for your bank details plse"
    "No!"
    "Ok sir thankyou"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i love the one when the phone jacker is out side a hotel ringing one of hotel workers at reception

and ask the hotel worker to come up to his room and join him in a bubble bath and asks the hotel worker to spank him

very funney

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

It's a very funny show, really enjoy it.

It's very like the fast show in the sense of it being the same handful of characters with the same basic theme in each "sketch", but it manages to remain funny all the same.

That said, I don't like the mouse one - basically I think it ruins the whole concept of a good prank phone call... in the other ones people tend to believe that the person calling them is for real and so react as they would in real life (maybe with anger, or bemusement or whatever). With the mouse one it's obviously a wind up, so they just go "oh really? Yeah, great" and give them no real reaction.

The Doovdé guy is probably my favourite because it's just so absurd and it gets a great reaction. The first beat-box one (where he's applying for the job of canvas stretcher) had me on the floor, as did the "Brian Butehbutehbungbung" one. Terry Tibbs and the Ugandan Bank Manager are great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Love this show too. The guy asking for bank details is the best one but the other guy calling out the website is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The first 2 are my fav so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

The mouse ones are quality!

Great show, well executed.

That HMV one was brilliant.... nice one, Rigger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

the hituttupuh!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Posted a load of these over on the Humour forum.. my favourite is the one where he rings up Carphone Warehouse pretending to be a guy with no thumbs, and what would be the best phone suited to his needs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Great show, gets better the more you watch it. Most of the clips are on this site, the bloke asking for bank details and doouvde guy are my faovourites
    http://www.fonejacker.tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Didnt think much of at the start but im really like now, the credit card details one has me in stitches every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I love the guy from the mobile phone company - "But you get free ring dings!" - Priceless:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Man, I can't handle this...I'm in tears watching it.

"You mean you dont want 8.23 saaaah?"
    "I have 8.23"
    "But then you could double yaw monies"!
    Genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I do like this show. Although contrary to popular opinion I seem to find it LESS funny each time I watch it.

"I require some personal information so I can confirm that it is me that you are speaking to" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

It is an excellent show, afraid I'm like Pighead though, liking it less and less now. The African bank chap probably rang thousands of people in the making of the series, so they could pick the best reactions. I wonder how many people actually passed on their details.

Yeah I think its getting a bit samey now, to be honest.
    I'm still watching though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I love it, I can see it getting tedious in the long run but hopefully the producers will cut it when that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent show but it may get tired quickly. Africian scammer is my favourite after "Doovde".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah its going the way as little britain, as soon as you see the characters face you pretty much know exactly whats going to be said.

My favourites are the answering machine, the Doovde guy and Terry Tibbs "Thank yuo and good night!"

I found it side splittingly funny the first time I watched it but now not so much. Like most comedies unless they keep it fresh it will lose its appeal. Unlike some people here I hate the nigerian guy, I never find him funny. The only one I remotely giggled at was the one where the guy claimed jimmy saville was his uncle.

Have to also agree with flogen, the mouse does ruin the whole premise of the show as it isn't remotely believeable.

My favourite skit so far was the Doovde guy looking for the "Juvka Luckid Tuv", and the other guy on the other trying to translate the words into acronyms on the other end of the phone, genius

• Advertisement

This is back at 10pm on Wednesday Sept 17th on E4 just to let y'all know.

Fingers crossed for lots of new characters, and no bloody mouse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

God I hate the mouse,

He was on soccer AM last week. Believe it or not the phonejacker actually ahd a Big roll in the film Syria with George Clooney.

He was saying he made 3000 calls for the series he was saying its harder to get away with now cause people know the characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

LEICESTER SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!

GLADIATOR!!!!!!!!

Old man Mr Miggins is the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Watched the first episode of new series just there and the butcher skit had me in stitches -- ("Customers, we would like to announce that Morrisons are selling roast beef for 99p, £2 cheaper than your local high street butcher")

The mouse didn't feature

George was very good..."Britain has got very much talent"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Missed it.. gonna Sky+ the repeat now so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Terry Tibbs, the Indian phone company and the guy from the Zimbabwean Telephone Fraud Bureau are all great. This is a great one though:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

One of my favourite things on telly currently. Guy has some repetoire of voices and seems to be very quick on the draw. Some of the background pics they stick up for a half a second to carry the joke can be side splitingly funny.
    Not a dull moment so far IMO. Excellent.
    I fear we're due several copy cat formats in the coming months though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Terry Tibbs, the Indian phone company and the guy from the Zimbabwean Telephone Fraud Bureau are all great. This is a great one though:

one of my favs ,that episode

brilliant

I find it hot and cold. Some are great, some are woeful, and the call to the window cleaner that was just smut wasn't entertaining in the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

zuutroy wrote: »
    I find it hot and cold. Some are great, some are woeful, and the call to the window cleaner that was just smut wasn't entertaining in the least

Okay yeah that one wasn't his best work I'll agree....but you have to ask why the guy didn't hang up...I mean WTF? Who in their right mind would think that that's anything but a wind up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I love it, trouble is I keep forgetting its on.
    I keep wanting to go into Currys and ask for a dooveda player.:D

Advertisement