Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 yr old grinding teeth

Options
  • 26-07-2007 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi All

I slept in with my son the other night as dd was sick so she went in with her dad. OMG :eek: my son kept me awake all night grinding his teeth, really hard.

Anyone have expierence of this in kids , can I do anything before all his teeth fall out!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Just happened to stumble across this. Not a parent myself but if I were you I'd bring your son to the dentist. I started grinding my teeth as soon as I grew teeth and now, aged 19, I'm still grinding away. I also clench my jaw really tightly during the day. I've been to the dentist who has said my teeth are all worn down and loose and I've also developed Temporo-Mandibular Joint Syndrome (http://www.vhi.ie/experts/dentist/dentist_Q014.jsp?'':'/'+gDcsId)+). I also wake up often with really bad headaches. As I've been doing it for so long nothing seems to get me to stop. I've tried everything!

Hope this doesn't scare you, remember I've been grinding my teeth for about 17 years I guess so mine are in a bad state for this reason. It won't happen to your son! Get to the dentist and they should be able to suggest something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

It can be a sign of stress and it can also indicate that she's got worms.

Try checking if she's got worms and it's no harm to get your dentist to check her teeth

Advertisement