Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fav Led Zep album?

• 26-07-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

its got to be 2 for me

fav lad zep album 40 votes

0% 0 votes
    15% 6 votes
    22% 9 votes
    17% 7 votes
    Coda
    25% 10 votes
    Houses of the holy
    2% 1 vote
    Physical Graffiti
    5% 2 votes
    Presence
    10% 4 votes
    The song remains the same
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where's the Poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Where's the Poll?
    forgot to add it! dam work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Has to be 2 as well for me...The numbered albums would make up my top 4 as a matter of fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

what good is generating discussion when were all agreeing with each other, i voted for 2 as well!! Ramble on is one of my favourite songs of theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The Best of Led Zeppelin

• Advertisement

John wrote:
    The Best of Led Zeppelin
    /me loads shotgun:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

John wrote:
    The Best of Led Zeppelin

Yes Mr. Partridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

How the West was Won has better versions of nearly every song compared to the studio recordings, thats my vote!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's all just one big album to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

PG for me please.

• Advertisement

fortuneg wrote:
    How the West was Won has better versions of nearly every song compared to the studio recordings, thats my vote!

i dont know which i prefer, how the west was won, or live and dangerous. both fantastic live albums

fortuneg wrote:
    I have to agree there,the live versions pretty much blow the studio one's out of the water. They make quite an incredible sound on stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm gonna buck the trend and say III. I love it so much. Especially Tangerine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i also have a bbc studio sessions album, freaking very very good, id give up all this technological mumbo jumbo and the advancements of my generation to have been part of their generation and see them live at their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Houses Of The Holy The first three songs are just incredible - just the most beautiful, amazing guitar playing and vocals and mellotron. Awesome. Then Dancing Days, The Ocean, D'yer Maker, No Quarter (although live version is 100's times better). The Crunge lets the album down though - kinda weak.

First CD of PG contains the most amazing collection of riffs - LZ2 is great although the lack of proper songwriting credits harms its credibility a little.

HTWWW is the most amazing collection of songs ever but I don't tend to include live albums. But wait a minute - why is The Song Remains the Same included in the poll but HTWWW isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

III because of the fact that it has Out on the tiles, Gallows Pole, and Tangerine on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Definitely II. I really do love that album.

Ramble On and Heartbreaker.

Love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bad poll Coda is in, but In Through...is out. Also Song Remians the Same is pretty poor live record of thier first 5 years to my ears.

Presence is a strange album but sometimes I think its my favourite.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Its got to be 4 for me. Pure perfection from start to finish black dog, rock n roll, when the levee breaks. Brilliant. I love em all except the last one. Physical graffiti doesnt seem to be getting a mention. That would be 2nd on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

2 is the best

• Advertisement

Neo# wrote:
    Physical graffiti doesnt seem to be getting a mention. That would be 2nd on my list.

yea it would be 2nd or third on mine as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Either III or Physical Graffiti. I really can't choose.

I also have a soft spot for Presence...simply because I love Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine so much.

*tries not to think of the rest of the albums for fear of going on a long rant about how great Led Zeppelin are*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

# IV for me otherwise I'd take the 2CD Remasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Another Houses of the Holy fan here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

every one of them is pure genius..well ll except coda maybe!:P i love no. 3 though. all the acoustic stuff is class! well worth a listen!

i liked unledded too. some of it was a bit out there but four sticks and kashmir were great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Duff_Man wrote:
    every one of them is pure genius..well ll except coda maybe!:

Traveling Riverside Blues, Hey Hey What Can I Do, Black Mountain Side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

It's a tough choice but I went with IV, just love the whole album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Its too hard to pick.....
    II for the live songs
    IV for the sheer artistary that is...well the whole album really.........

But my vote must go to PG......their first double disc album.....it was produced on their own label.....

Then houses....i really liked this album (the whole thing and yes that includes the crunge)

BBC sessions is great but my fav zep album is How the west was won......especially Whole lotta love and Moby Dick.......
    III is under-rated.....its got immigrant song, tangerine and Gallows Pole!!!!!!

But my vote went to PG

Advertisement