Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucas Leiva finally lands (Liverpool)

• 26-07-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

The Reds boss is delighted to finally be working with the highly-rated Leiva, who this week joined up with the squad for the first time following his summer move from Gremio.

A combative box-to-box style midfielder, Leiva's signature was coveted by a host of top clubs and Benitez is backing him him to play a starring role in Liverpool's future.

If this were Arsenal I reckon Lucas would be getting regular first team football. But with Liverpool... so many hot youth prospects seem to have gotten lost in the reserves over the years. None were as hot a prospect a Lucas (player of the season in Brazil this year!!!), but I wonder...

He seems like the nearest thing to another Gerrard - maybe more the old style Gerrard, when he used to tackle alot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Looking forward to seeing him this year alright.

I do think that his appearances will be limited to a handful of league games against poorer opposition, the carling cup and maybe early FA cup rounds. but at least that should be enough to see if he is any use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

has he got his permit then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I doubt he'll figure in the match tomorrow but at least he's finally with the rest of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not sure about his work permit. (have in the back of my head that he has an italian passport or something?! probably just getting mixed up with something else though :))

Surely there won't be any issue with the permit as he'd be entitled to that special talent thing that Anderson got?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

he was applying for an italian passport but there were problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Call_me_al wrote:
    he was applying for an italian passport but there were problems

He got the passport earlier in the week - not sure about the work permit but Bascombe reckons he could feature tomorrow
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2007/07/26/lucas-leiva-s-heart-set-on-liverpool-100252-19522835/

Torres is also eligible to play tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

No need for a work permit if he has an Italian passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

really looking forward to seeing this guy in action he come with good pedigree i saw a link before to past winners of brazilian footballer of the year and its impressive reading

Advertisement