Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools

Options
  • 26-07-2007 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Do any of ye Galwegians believe the stereotypes out schools seem to have or is it just teenagers that feel that way? I couldn't believe how adamant some teenagers I was working with recently felt about certain schools, shocked me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You mean how kids from various schools hate each other? Always been that way.
    Us against them. Parish v parish, town, v town, everyone v Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Do any of ye Galwegians believe the stereotypes out schools seem to have or is it just teenagers that feel that way?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

Guess it depends on which school you went to in the first place.
    Come on the Bish !

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

I went to Endas and it genuinely must be the worst school in the city academically (i dont know if thats a prevailing stereotype, but it should be).
    Having said that i'm glad i didnt go in with the other gaylords in the bish and mary's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I went to the Jes and loved it.

In the Jes you're either a genius who can motivate yourself, or a waster there because you have to. I was the latter but some eejit still let me into college ;)

Thing I loved about it was the craic, actually getting along with teachers (Sharing a bottle of B with my honours maths teacher in 5th year :eek: ) and the lack of 'I'm a hard man' attitude (Think I only saw 1 or 2 fights in my 6 years there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Went to the Jes as well, bit Rugby/Rowing orientated but other than that its alright,not the best academically as john stated unless your pushed/motivated yerself...which I wasn't..

Advertisement