Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What little things annoy you?

• 26-07-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'll get the ball rolling with this.

Why is it that some pubs insist on serving you a toasted cheese sandwich with a serviette UNDERNEATH it??? The cheese sticks to the bloody thing, and when you go to remove it you invariably end up with a lump of tissue and scalding hot cheese in one hand, and bit of toast in the other. This annoys me no end.

What little things annoy the rest of you??

(apart from yore Ma etc..;) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Midgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Geezers who register on Boards.ie with their real names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

gimme a minute...btu i must warn....if i get going i may not stop. lol

How d'ya know its their real name?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Those "What little things annoy you?" threads that pop up on After Hours every week annoy me.

• Advertisement

When I'm in burger king and they don't give me what I ordered. A small thing, but oh so annoying.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Paddy Dignam

In case it has escaped your notice, Paddy Dignam is the name of the character who was buried on June 16th, 1904, in James Joyce's Ulysses.

Other little things that annoy me are pedants who think they are funny!

People who come to your Desk out of boredom with nothing in particular to talk about but they pick up EVERYTHING on your desk that they possibly can... then go to the sellotape dispenser and keep pulling off bits and chucking them at people while making Random smart comments and askinupid Questions. :mad: lol
    ...for the moment...

When I'm in burger king and they don't give me what I ordered. A small thing, but oh so annoying.:mad:
    OR!!! they tell you the particular Burger you ordered wont be ready "If you wouldnt mind waiting Two minutes?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Someone who tries their hardest to be the first reply and bring the annoying word 'YOREMA' into it.

I mean it was funny years ago when yorema.com was around but nowadays it's lost all meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

cornbb wrote:
    Those "What little things annoy you?" threads that pop up on After Hours every week annoy me.

Agreed

cornbb wrote:

Well you'll forgive me for being a newbie I hope. Just because you have 1,000 odd posts to your name and have been hanging around here for a while doesn't mean that the rest of us can't knock a bit of craic out of it. If you don't like these threads then don't bother reading them. It's that simple.

Niamho! wrote:
    OR!!! they tell you the particular Burger you ordered wont be ready "If you wouldnt mind waiting Two minutes?"

What kind of mad burgers do you order?! :D

well i think its good you tried to break the boredom with a new Thread Paddy.... us newbies are obviously far too repetitive or somethin....
    ...dont read it if you're bored...simple as...

What kind of mad burgers do you order?! :D
    Well they enver have Veggie burgers ready...and Burger king now do a Spicy Bean Burger which i highly recommend....they are....*Drool*

Niamho! wrote:
    OH god don't get me started. Why does it take longer for them to make a burger with just ketchup than a burger with half a salad bowl in it!!

OH god don't get me started. Why does it take longer for them to make a burger with just ketchup than a burger with half a salad bowl in it!!

they have to cook it from Scratch coz they're all made and just waitin to be reheated maybe? ...Fussy eater are ya?... :)

Niamho! wrote:
    Well they enver have Veggie burgers ready...and Burger king now do a Spicy Bean Burger which i highly recommend....they are....*Drool*

Yeah, I've had one or two of them in me time.. usually after a few pints...!

I guess Niamho we're pissin' off all the 'old' hands here who have obviously a greater intellect than us, and have already teased out all their little foibles! ;)

Niamho! wrote:
    they have to cook it from Scratch coz they're all made and just waitin to be reheated maybe? ...Fussy eater are ya?... :)

The fussiest.:D

jesus... a Fellow Food freak eh? Shock horror.... lol
    I dont mind all the Salad-y crap though!

...ill be back with more no doubt....for the peeps who care!

• Advertisement

Niamho! wrote:
    jesus... a Fellow Food freak eh? Shock horror.... lol
    I dont mind all the Salad-y crap though!

...ill be back with more no doubt....for the peeps who care!

A food freak?? So you had a slap up lunch today then?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Take it to IM, PM ,MSN, PMS or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

Terry wrote:
    Die hard vegetarians who refuse to eat anything cooked in the same pan/pot as meat etc..... then eat chips from the chipper or from Mickey-D's despite the fact that it was knowingly cooked in the same oil as meat products.

Bleedin Hypo-hopp-anonymouses!

Terry wrote:

Yes Terry. You have spoken. Your delicate heart can obviously not bear witness to newbies getting to know each other. I'm sorry to have offended you. Maybe someday I'll be like you and have 5,000 odd posts after my name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yes Terry. You have spoken. Your delicate heart can obviously not bear witness to newbies getting to know each other. I'm sorry to have offended you. Maybe someday I'll be like you and have 5,000 odd posts after my name.

I think it’s the fact that you seem to be having a private conversation rather than contributing to the forum that’s pissing off the mods.

You want to know what annoys me (and I'm a newbie too) is other newbie’s coming along slagging the mods and ending up generating a void between new users and old users.

well i didnt slag anybody....we are contributing but gettin Whinged at in the process!! How am i supposed to know if somethings already been done if i havent seen it? Barrell of Bleedin' laugh's you's lot are....

well i didnt slag anybody....we are contributing but gettin Whinged at in the process!! How am i supposed to know if somethings already been done if i havent seen it? Barrell of Bleedin' laugh's you's lot are....

I think it’s the fact that you seem to be having a private conversation rather than contributing to the forum that’s pissing off the mods.

You want to know what annoys me (and I'm a newbie too) is other newbie’s coming along slagging the mods and ending up generating a void between new users and old users.

Firstly, I didn't know Terry was a mod.

Secondly, it didn't take long before others came along and put the mockers on the thread.

Thirdly, I think it's only natural that newbies are going to club together. But if we have wise guys who have obviously seen it all before jumping in on us and telling us what to talk about well that's a different matter. Of course we are going to talk each other when we post, isn't this how we get to find out about people? I think Terry was being a wee bit precious. There were 2 or 3 people chatting together over the course of 3 posts - hardly justification for a mod to come along and police it as if we were children.

Fourthly, I've found another little thing that annoys me!!

Niamho! wrote:

/sigh/ If you look at my post i didn't quote you. So in fact nothin was aimed at you but OK go ahead and get annoyed anyway. Oh and by the way if your a bit sensitive which you seem to be. I dont think after hours is for you.

It says it look right there under his name. There it is good chap.
    Secondly, it didn't take long before others came along and put the mockers on the thread.

Try looking for previous threads before posting a new one. Its in the Charter I suggest you give that a quick read. Did you honestly think there wouldn't be a what annoys me thread already? or did you just want one for yourself.
    Thirdly, I think it's only natural that newbies are going to club together. But if we have wise guys who have obviously seen it all before jumping in on us and telling us what to talk about well that's a different matter. Of course we are going to talk each other when we post, isn't this how we get to find out about people? I think Terry was being a wee bit precious. There were 2 or 3 people chatting together over the course of 3 posts - hardly justification for a mod to come along and police it as if we were children.
    Nobody was telling you what to talk about they were telling you were to talk about it. Its there job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

You know what annoys me more now... 2007's

Fourthly, I've found another little thing that annoys me!!
    From the charter:
    i am also adding a new rule.

while i personally dont have an issue with off-topicness in this forum, and have mentioned it several times, there has been an increase in conversations going on in threads.

if you want to have a chat, use IRC.
    i will now ban anyone i find holding conversations.

debate and discussion about topics is allowed.

lol, how you doin, lol, rofl
    is not allowed.

Fair enough, the search isn't the greatest, which is why the same threads pop up all the time.
    Not too many people have a problem with that.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
    Off you go.

i think its quite strict in here. people seem to be threatened with banning for very little. i think i need to maybe find somewhere else to get away from the monotony of work for a laugh or whatever....fair enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm feeling a Woody Allan-esque "distance" between everyone on this thread.:p Where is the love?

Things that annoy me? People who don't dry the ware after washing it and leave it pilled up on the sink for days, so that you have to wash a cup again before using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Back OT - I flippin hate people who walk around holding their umbrellas at the same height as your eye and don't lift even an inch to let you past.

"Oh excuse me, no of course I don't mind stepping off the pavement into that 6-inch deep puddle so you can take up the whole ****in' road with your oversize garden furniture parasol, you ****in' muppet"

Grrrrrr!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Niamho wrote:
    i think its quite strict in here. people seem to be threatened with banning for very little. i think i need to maybe find somewhere else to get away from the monotony of work for a laugh or whatever....fair enough...

Try here.
    Enjoy.

I'll just point out though that the rules are what keep this place running relatively smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭windy bee

I hate when you pee and you spray some on your pants and you have to go back to the bar. Disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

windy bee wrote:
    I hate when you pee and you spray some on your pants and you have to go back to the bar. Disaster.

Sorry old chap, won't happen again!

Back OT - I flippin hate people who walk around holding their umbrellas at the same height as your eye and don't lift even an inch to let you past.

"Oh excuse me, no of course I don't mind stepping off the pavement into that 6-inch deep puddle so you can take up the whole ****in' road with your oversize garden furniture parasol, you ****in' muppet"

Grrrrrr!!!! :mad:

True. What is worse is the ones who cover there eyes with them and just walk blindly down street expecting everyone else to move. I hate umbreallas, never use them.

Kids being let go crazy in a store is another one. You know the ones, parents walk into the store and let there kids run around like its a freckin playground.

EDIT: this goes for in pubs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emmakelly2

The people in Town who go around with trolleys...I call them knacker trolleys cos it always seems those type of people that have them...
    U know the Burberry print ones that nearly run u over every time u walk down Henry St???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emmakelly2

True. What is worse is the ones who cover there eyes with them and just walk blindly down street expecting everyone else to move. I hate umbreallas, never use them.

Kids being let go crazy in a store is another one. You know the ones, parents walk into the store and let there kids run around like its a freckin playground.

EDIT: this goes for in pubs too.

TRUE :mad: I also never use umbrellas.... I absolutely HATE men with golf umbrellas, like, why do they need one??? Its only 1 person and they are designed to fit more people under it.... Always hit u in the face!! Also, half the time they put them up for drizzle!!!

On the subject of kids in shops: I HATE HEELIES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Getting absolutley bl**dy soaked while running out to get a sandwich.

Had to fly into Penneys to grab new clothes.
    BARGAIN! Shoes, jeans and jumper - e23!!!
    Delighted with myself.
    Get back to work, change - NOT delighted.
    Shoes a size to big, jeans a size too small and jumper giving me rugby player type shoulders.

Grrrr. (I'm the one flopping around in too big shoes with the funny walk due to jeans, but I look hard what with the big shoulders.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Just ate a peanut.
    Broke a tooth.
    Bit hard on shard of tooth.
    Giving me a toothache in a different tooth.

Not my day, going home to bed.

May take me some time due to floppy shoes and jeans combo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

People who answer their mobiles in the cinema

People who repeatedly press the button for the pedestrian crossing , even though it doesn't make any difference

People who don't move aside to let the more active among us walk up or down escalators!

Rain

hot fuss wrote:
    People who don't move aside to let the more active among us walk up or down escalators!

God dont start that again. People who dont stop and let the more attractive of us past.;)

sueme wrote:
    Just ate a peanut.
    Broke a tooth.
    Bit hard on shard of tooth.
    Giving me a toothache in a different tooth.

Not my day, going home to bed.

May take me some time due to floppy shoes and jeans combo...

Lol....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

People who suck the life out of a joke. Repeating it non-stop ain't gonna make it super-hilarious!!

People who nick pints, this has been happening non-stop in my local. Waiting for a Guinness and as soon as I pay and look away for a split second it's nicked :mad: :mad: :mad:

People who think they're hard as nails though when you threaten to break their face they're calling all their buddies around the area to stand up for him. The latest was an old enemy back in my home town done this to me last Sat night after the nite-club, he starts the fight and next thing he gathered all his pals and started asking them to go up and knock me out. Funny thing was they came up, we talked for 2 seconds, shook hands, and then they walk off leaving him there. Made a proper fool out of him :p

Women at ATMs pulling their ATM card out and putting it back in over & over & over & over &..........................

Adverts, nothing but "90% fat free" or "I'm a woman, it's my choice!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

CANT GET A F*CKING JOB IN THIS COUNTRY ITS RIDICULOUS :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

the noise of people chewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

People (mainly women - ill explain later) who talk rubbish on their phones while queuing for the till in a shop - will they tell the person that they will ring back in half a minute? No! They end up having the phone up to their ear with one hand, and spend too long a time trying to get money out of their wallet or handbag (handbag is worse, as it relies more on using two hands than a wallet) and spend an even longer time with their handbag/wallet on the counter, trying to place their money into it.

Even people who aren't on the phone and decide to place the coins and notes into the proper places in their wallet/purse while at the counter, when they could easily move out of the way so the next person can get served and sort out their change beside the door before leaving. Ridiculousness i tells ya

• Advertisement
Advertisement