Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What little things annoy you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

People who half wash up, leaving bits of dried food all over the plates and bowls.
    People who don't wash the back of plates etc. when they're obviously going to be stacked against a clean surface in the press (and potentially have spills on them).
    People who think that because you're paying for something with your credit card means that you're getting whatever you're paying for for nothing, and don't pay their share because of it.
    Tesco in Stillorgan - that shop just pisses me off. Went in there yesterday at 3 and they had no fresh cream left, at all. They never have anything specific when you want it.
    People who don't understand that irrational fears are irrational and give out to you for freaking out when you can't help it.
    Other people talking loudly/ shouting at eachother when you're on the phone (especially in work).
    Very noisy breathers in the cinema when you're sitting beside them.
    Popcorn in your bra. So irritating.
    Inexplicable chesty coughs without any other symptoms and no apparent cure.
    Dublin Bus refund tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Blush_01 wrote:
    Popcorn in your bra. So irritating.
    Simple cure for that and it doesn't involve stopping eating popcorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Wear a poloneck?

Throwing away a receipt just before you need to return something and they refuse to accept it without the receipt. That's a bit annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that use several exclamation marks instead of a question mark because they are attention whores.

What would you buy? <- not annoying
    What would you buy!!! <- annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

people who don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

the noise of people chewing

Totally agree. And people speaking with their mouth full (of food :D )

Also hate when you leave someone out in traffic and they drive really slowly and then go through an amber light and you get caught :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

When your mobile phone turns into a flying object when your car is in motion -
    and always ( i mean always) ends up in a hard-to-reach place...and then rings (while driving) argh!

People stopped in front of a red light and then proceed to drive forward really slowly in a pointless attempt to save time when the lights go green. Its really f**king stupid and really pisses me off every time I see a moron doing it.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

2 little things that annoy me are the 2 sub forums at the top of the After Hours page. Everytime you refresh the page you have to scroll down to see the most recent posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I buy a box of soup which contains 9 packets

WHY!

I don't see why they don't round it off to 10!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Whispering couples in a gang of people out of the night, why don't you just talk to the rest of people good enough to bring ye out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Referring to a previous post about people going through an amber light slowly and leaving you stuffed behind..

Even more annoying are those that see the lights changing to amber, and then red, and still just keep going, sometimes ending up in the middle of a junction, and blocking the traffic that needs to come through!

I HATE people that go through red lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

The buzz of electrical equipment which are turned off but not unplugged when you're trying to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Bus drivers not giving you your change back (I know its only a few cents, but it grinds my gears).

People who ask you a question just as you put food into your mouth, and wait with a look of anticipation for your reply....

People who walk down Grafton St. (for example) and out of nowhere just stop and turn around, leaving you to nearly walk right into them.

People trying to turn me into a cyclops by means of their pointy umbrellas-ellas-ellas-ehh-ehh-ehh.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

people who Drone on and on about how they want to lose weight and how they're on a diet but they wont get off their arse to go to the fax machine 5 foot away and ask around who wants to go to Mc Donalds nearly Every Friday. Shut up and admit you're a pie and you'll never stick to any Diet!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

my brother:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea his brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Niamho! wrote:
    people who Drone on and on about how they want to lose weight and how they're on a diet but they wont get off their arse to go to the fax machine 5 foot away and ask around who wants to go to Mc Donalds nearly Every Friday. Shut up and admit you're a pie and you'll never stick to any Diet!! :mad:

I saw someone saying "I'm on a diet" while eating McDonalds...only in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Censorship. Even with the internet at work. Annoys me no end.

People who think talking about religion is rude.

People who can't take a compliment.

People who can't accept a gift/favour.

When people insist on standing around "talking", but don't actually say much and expect you to be sociable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

midgets annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Caliden wrote:
    midgets annoy me

the minute bloodsucking fly type?

or little people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

What little things annoy the rest of you??

Midgets

Advertisement