Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont boards.ie believe in free speech

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lautrec

Some mod's are far far to strict. i agree with the op. Even content that would not get boards in trouble can result in threads being locked etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

fingercloud.jpg

tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

If boards.ie was like the PROC then I wouldnt even bother looking at it. That forum is a complete disgrace.

por que?

lautrec wrote:
    Some mod's are far far to strict. i agree with the op. Even content that would not get boards in trouble can result in threads being locked etc.

agreed.

Wicknight wrote:
    Most likely a banned user re-registering. I always get suspicious of posters with like 5 posts who have suddenly worked out that they hate Boards.ie and want to complain.

Actually you're wrong, but with sound reasoning. I just heard a lot about this place but upon arriving i think its a bit ****. Similar to a Roma arriving in Ireland i imagine! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Similar to a Roma arriving in Ireland i imagine! ;)
    Ah now, people mightn't like you, but there's no reason to call yourself a gypsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hi im new here, im basically using this cause i cant access the Peoples Republic of Cork site from work. Anyway im really put off by the number of moderators in each thread and the idea that a thread can be locked just because someone has a dissenting view. Whats the story with this? It just makes things very difficult and results in a borefest of a forum.

Typical Cork person. They leave home just so they can moan about how crap somewhere else is. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sure tis no cork.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Actually you're wrong, but with sound reasoning. I just heard a lot about this place but upon arriving i think its a bit ****. Similar to a Roma arriving in Ireland i imagine! ;)
    dog_cat_waving.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think it's probably cat time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Typical Cork person. They leave home just so they can moan about how crap somewhere else is. ;)

That sounds more like a Jackeen you're describing there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hi im new here, im basically using this cause i cant access the Peoples Republic of Cork site from work. Anyway im really put off by the number of moderators in each thread and the idea that a thread can be locked just because someone has a dissenting view. Whats the story with this? It just makes things very difficult and results in a borefest of a forum.

o+rly__ruserious.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

lautrec wrote:

TWO brand new members whose first and only action is to slag the place off?!?!?!?! :eek: Oh my, the revolution is happening :rolleyes:

Troll, re-reg, dual account, shill, how many more dirty words can I think of...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

giant_cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

nesf wrote:
    That sounds more like a Jackeen you're describing there. ;)

Why would we ever leave Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

seamus wrote:

1162263969848.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

seamus wrote:
    Done and done.

cat_voices.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Galway Arts Festival / Galway Races... They've feckin' descended on us in the squillions! :eek:

Touché.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

por que?
    In the main forum (On PROC) I doubt there is a thread that is troll/WUM free. The place isn`t moderated at all. But if you are after a forum with zero integrity then its great.

• Advertisement

weird-cat.gif

lollercaust.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

im basically using this cause i cant access the Peoples Republic of Cork site from work.

How noble of you to support boards with such enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

*checks calendar*

I didn't think we were due a free speech/fight the power thread until next week. Must be the holiday season.

hahaha!

In the main forum (On PROC) I doubt there is a thread that is troll/WUM free. The place isn`t moderated at all. But if you are after a forum with zero integrity then its great.

Sure WUMS can be a laugh, dont take life so ****ing seriously moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Sure WUMS can be a laugh, dont take life so ****ing seriously moron.

Well if you didn`t notice, boards.ie and proc are 2 totally different places. Proc is just a laugh, Boards is more useful/serious, and moderated. There is a revelation for you.

So quit whinging and less insults please.

Well if you didn`t notice, boards.ie and proc are 2 totally different places. Proc is just a laugh, Boards is more useful/serious, and moderated. There is a revelation for you.

So quit whinging and less insults please.

Ok then, do boards.ie have a fun forum or something?

After Hours is about as close as you'll get to PROC but even that is more heavily moderated than PROC on some topics.

• Advertisement

Is Feedback not fun? Try After Hours, which is where all the off-topic waffle goes.

Advertisement