Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why dont boards.ie believe in free speech

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think we should permaban the user. Simply for being sad enough to post on a site calle the peoples republic of cork.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sleepy wrote:
    I think we should permaban the user. Simply for being sad enough to post on a site calle the peoples republic of cork.

Daft as this may sound initially, a review of activity in the Cork City forum would probably show that most posters who go on to any great length about PROC tend to contribute next to sod-all to boards itself.

Personally, I reckon we need a bit of that good old-fashioned fire and brimstone - is boards.ie not an old testament-type deity? Then let the rules reflect it! "Thou shalt have no other forum but me! Thou shalt not worship false fora, especially not if they involve the words People, Republic, Cork or any combination thereof!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Time to ban cork again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Trolling and anything else that actually causes problems is fair game. But being told "you'll get a ban" next time you make a playful joke to a user on a thread is so far beyond what's needed it's ridiculous. I'm sure you'll argue that unless you give a verbal warning the thread will get out of hand with offtopic posts but that really doesn't happen. Being dismissed and being told your post is 'unhelpful' is really condescending and makes people out to be children and the mods out to be quite sad frankly. Agree with many that this is the reason I rarely post or read the boards for that matter.

Advertisement