Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Lost

Options
  • 26-07-2007 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

My son lost his bike on the green in charlesland wood, send me an email or pm me if you have seen or know anything about it.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

dede, sorry about the bike.

Generally it's not a good idea to include personal contact details in posts. I would advise removing it and just asking people to PM you instead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 dede_dublin

email moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

not to sound bad or anything but surely he shouldn't have left it there in the first place...

lesson to be learned IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

I'm a resident of Charlesland Wood, 3-4 weeks back, a bike was left on the green, after a few days someone moved it and leaned it up against a lamp post outside the house just across from the green. It stayed there for a few days, then one night I was in bed and heard some peoples voices outside messing around, looked out to check what was going on and two guys in their teens were messing around on the bike. By the time I got downstairs they had taken the bike out onto the main road, I got in my car and drove around but they had cut through the field opposite the wood heading towards the estate beside the tennis courts. I decided to drive around to the estate and see which house they went into...got stopped at a Garda checkpoint at the rugby club, told the Garda what happend and they said they would take a look, I went back to bed. Not sure if they did anything about it or not. There is a number of trouble makers walking through CW green along the river at night, neighbours have had things taken from their car, weve had Christmas and Holloween decoration stolen and one of our cars keyed. Then of course there was the trouble with the kid recently been forced to sit in the stream for a hour by same trouble makers. Sad world but the best advice is don't leave anything out that's not nailed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 boo-urns

Was out walking my dog yesterday and I saw a small red mountain bike in the land on the other side of the stream.It was way up the back just before you get into the the houses at the back of the tennis courts. Is this the bike your looking for?

• Advertisement

boo-urns wrote:
    Was out walking my dog yesterday and I saw a small red mountain bike in the land on the other side of the stream.It was way up the back just before you get into the the houses at the back of the tennis courts. Is this the bike your looking for?

it was a partly red and blue mountain bike, I am not realluy sure where are you talking about, litle more details please. Thanks A lot

• Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

Why not email the Charlesland Wood Residents Committee (charleslandwood@gmail.com) and ask them to keep an eye out for it this Sunday as they dredge the Three Trout Stream :)

avantarklu wrote:
    Why not email the Charlesland Wood Residents Committee (charleslandwood@gmail.com) and ask them to keep an eye out for it this Sunday as they dredge the Three Trout Stream :)

good idea, will do that

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 postmanpat69

Dede, the bike boo is talking about sounds similar to the one I saw been taken, a red childrens mountainbike. The field he refers to is where I lost sight of them so its a good chance the one in there is the same bike. The field runs parallel to Charlesland Wood's green on the opposite side of the Three Trout Stream. Access can be gained from the main road. Just go to the other side of the bridge over the stream, you will see a make shift path heading up towards the tennis courts. Best of luck!

Advertisement