Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bird Attack

• 26-07-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if this has happend to anyone else, I have read about bikers being hurt in a collsion with a bird i.e. flying into you whilst riding. I have had some come close to me before but never hit one. I do a lot of country driving and last night a pheasant flew into me. It caught the handlebars twisting my break lever and mirror. However it disenbowlled itself on that before hitting my chest, leaving me covered in the contents. I was luckly in a way, judging from the force I recoken if it had hit my head it would have taken me off. Anyone similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Why'd you think my user is Pigeon Reaper? My next traget is a swan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Bloody hell Odysseus! That's some rotten luck! :eek:

Your story actually made me laugh quite a bit but only because you were fine!

Such a thing never happened to me I have to say... Probably because I live in Dublin...

Why'd you think my user is Pigeon Reaper? My next traget is a swan.
    LOLLL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Bloody hell Odysseus! That's some rotten luck! :eek:

Your story actually made me laugh quite a bit but only because you were fine!

Such a thing never happened to me I have to say... Probably because I live in Dublin...

I was creasing myself about too, the messy part was cleaning myself up. The impact moved my mirror and brake quite abit so it was a bit of a struggle moving them back, but no damage thankfully.

Odysseus wrote:
    I was creasing myself about too, the messy part was cleaning myself up. The impact moved my mirror and brake quite abit so it was a bit of a struggle moving them back, but no damage thankfully.
    Forgot to ask though... Did you bring the pheasant home to eat it? I mean, you already disemboweled it so...

• Advertisement

TBH I was heading down to Dublin it happened about 1k away from my home, so if it had of been the other way around the cheap f*ucker that I am I proably would have gone for it as I actually like pheasant:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I know a few people this has happened too. I only seen it once. When a large crow flew into the Rad of a BMW tourer that was riding with us. It went between the forks and under the front fairing. Then into the rad and promptly burst into feathers :D

We got into carlow and had to pick it out of the rad lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

thats mad you posted this. I little bird hit my visor today and left its guts behind. fecking birds

gsxr1 wrote:
    thats mad you posted this. I little bird hit my visor today and left its guts behind. fecking birds

Maybe there is a conspiracy;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I can imagine the smell of the crow after it's been cooking on the Rad for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Blackbird took off from the side of the road as I was moving towards him setting up for a corner, went behind the front wheel, got railed down on the downpipes and went under the back wheel. Big puff of feathers in my mirrors.

Also had something tiny smack off the double bubble and go spinning off over my head.

Stupid birds. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jester_1

Gotta say it ....... next time Duck!!!!

jester_1 wrote:
    LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

note to self in future keep vison down when birds about.

Also take protable stove and Salt and Pepper on long drives down the country.
    I take it nobody's removed cooked bird bits from their bike and tried them out ?

C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

jester_1 wrote:

Is your preference for aromatic or with orange sauce? :)

Advertisement