Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you know that GOd Hates Ireland?!

• 26-07-2007 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Heard about this site on two radio stations this afternoon but really cant believe this guy is for real.
    http://www.godhatesireland.com/

You may have seen him in a documentary a few weeks ago. They are a church that turns up at the funerals of dead American soldiers to protest.....not about the Iraq war but because America is not anti-homosexual!!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

There was a program on tv not long ago. An english guy went to stay with them for a month with tv cameras to get an inside view. Very very weird interesting program about very very weird people. They get their little kids to protest about homosexuality etc (five & six years olds etc), and when the kids get stuff thrown at them by passerbys (one got a broken nose as far as I remember) the parents think it is good for the children to learn that the world is bad place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ooopsy Double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Mmmm...couple of interesting threads over in the religion forums about...is it the Westboro church? Can't open your link.

Meh, people will find any excuse to hate something, following a religion is just another excuse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I read about this in the metro this morning. What a loon.
    Ireland – Land of the Sodomite Damned.

I wonder will Bord Failte be using this slogan anytime soon. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

louis theroux - the most hated family in america

i'm not sure if I'm allowed say where it can be viewed, but if you don't know by now you probably shouldn't be on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

rubyred wrote:
    There was a program on tv not long ago. An english guy went to stay with them for a month with tv cameras to get an inside view. Very very weird interesting program about very very weird people. They get their little kids to protest about homosexuality etc (five & six years olds etc), and when the kids get stuff thrown at them by passerbys (one got a broken nose as far as I remember) the parents think it is good for the children to learn that the world is bad place.
    Louis Theroux and the most hated family in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Ireland – Land of the Sodomite Damned.

ever so slightly better than the current "Rip off Ireland" Tag we have been labelled with!!

Link should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah don't give them eejits any more attention than they have gotten already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ayahuarian

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!

GOD HATES US AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!! (To quote a lovely Slayer song.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I knew me and Fred Phelps would cross paths again. Seriously not right in the head that family, which about 99% of his congregation consists of. 1 or 2 family members had the right frame of mind to get away from them cuz they said they were absolutely nuts. Another website this prick has is www.godhatesfags.com and in a webpage there is a page dedicated to Matthew Shepard, a homosexual who was beaten to death (not the sort of dedication you'd think of) America hates them as much as everyone else but fúck all can be done to them (bar a certain length they can be at a funeral) cuz loads of the family members are lawyers.

There's also www.godhatessweden.com claiming they're all a bunch of this and that and godless shíte.

Best advice is to ignore it, reading their sites and stuff will only make you angry and write non-sensical stuff here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

So who's this God character he talks about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

What ever happened to us being the land of saints and scholars? There really is some crazy people in this world.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Fine that man 10,000 lbs and 2 years in jail for each offense.
    Does he not know that we joined the Euro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

most religions try to 'Spread the love, Maaaaan' the WBC is just redressing the balance.

that and the 'Rev' is quite possibly the gayest person ever, this is all driven by his lack of understanding about the feelings he has for his fellow man

the Rev doth protest too much methinks

I'm more concerned about the twat who sent Phelps the letter to come and have a talk at UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Duggy747 wrote:
    I'm more concerned about the twat who sent Phelps the letter to come and have a talk at UCD.
    I'm fairly sure whoever it was was taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

He's obviously gay.

He has too much of an infatuation with "rimming", "scatting" and "golden showers" (apparently confined solely to the gay community) to not be gay.

If only there was a fredphelpsisgay.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love the picture in the top right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Somebody go register godhateswestborobaptist.com and fill it with photoshop jobs of the reverend Phelps doing homosexual acts.

Somebody go register godhateswestborobaptist.com and fill it with photoshop jobs of the reverend Phelps doing homosexual acts.
    http://www.godhatesfredphelps.com/

They haven't got round to adding the photoshoped pictures yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

robinph wrote:
    Fine that man 10,000 lbs and 2 years in jail for each offense.

Does he not know that we joined the Euro?
    He's taking shylocking to a whole new level!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hah.

Did you know that God hates everybody? Especially those that gather sticks on the sabbath. Rolleyes.
    http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-many-has-god-killed.html

Hah.

Did you know that God hates everybody? Especially those that gather sticks on the sabbath. Rolleyes.
    http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-many-has-god-killed.html

Turn that into a movie, give Arnie a gun and let him act out all those scenarios. 2 million people killed, it would be the mother of all action movies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I seen a doucmentary with Keith Allen and the Westboro church not too long ago.

He revealed a hidden secret about one of the members of the church:
    One of the lead members, blonde lass, had an illegitamate son. This son is a member of the church

It was nice to see their reaction :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

There is no such thing as god, so don't sweat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

The-Rigger wrote:
    There is no such thing as god, so don't sweat it

Great!! Just ruin the ending for me, why don't you!!

Ger_Hankey wrote:

:D That's a great way to put it

or maybe
    There's nothing in here, this is just a waste of time and me being in an aggravated mood I've got to kill 6 mins before I can get the fúck outta work. So sorry............actually, no I'm not.
    P.S. I've always wanted to do this with a spoiler

Ger_Hankey wrote:

I put a spoiler warning though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

robinph wrote:
    http://www.godhatesfredphelps.com/

They haven't got round to adding the photoshoped pictures yet though.

This is all good and well, but it doesnt take away from the fact that God also hates Ireland !, be afraid !. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would have thought the weather would have been a clue....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'm actually glad that God hates us. I was feeling a bit left out until now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Of course God hates ireland, didja see the shower of cnuts he stuck next door?

For those of diminished mental capacity, i am taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DaveMcG wrote:

credit where credits due, that is pretty awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the site should really be godhatesucd.com

pesky ucd hoors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

God seems to hate everyone. What a bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Keith Allen did a documentary on it about a month ago 'Keith Allen will burn in Hell'. You can get it on channel 4 OD I think.. http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/C/can_you_believe_it/debates/allen.html
    He also revealed that Phelps' daughter has an illegitimate son.
    Which was quite entertaining to see!

One thing about the show though, it did give them a platform. And as someone suggested, they would be better off ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

yeah, I agree. all sorts of crazies out there... but with this type, the more attention they get the more it fuels their craziness.

reminds me a bit of that tommy tiernan gag where everyone ignores the streaker and eventually the streaking just becomes "being naked". haha good man tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Themainman

'Fine that man 10,000 lbs'

10,000lbs of pure ****e, just goes to show when they dont know the difference between a unit of weight and a unit of currency £££££££££ inbred wasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

godhatesireland.com is being mentioned on the moncrief show on newstalk today. a coincidence perhaps???

come on, own up. who works for newstalk here? has tom dunne betrayed today fm!!!?!?!!?!

• Advertisement

moncrief had shirley phelps-roper on and after a few minutes of her shouting her hateful crap he asked her if she'd ever had a homosexual relationship herself. then he suggested that the reason they go on about gayness the whole time is they're all gay themselves.

he asked if she shouted that loud all the time (PASS THE SALT PLEASE etc) and said she's the most hateful person he's ever come across. it went on for about ten minutes with her shouting and him taking the piss out of her. the man's gas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Did someone say DOS attack?!

OK!11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Moncrief is a gas man alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I always thought they were a joke, ala Borat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPsTM-4qgg

And Keith allen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWlTnQRJ6ps

Moncrief is a gas man alright.
    later on during the movies and booze section, where two people come into the studio and they sample beers and talk about films, they were accidentally left with only one glass. moncrief said "you can share my glass. you won't catch anything except maybe eternal damnation" :D the best show on radio imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

moncrief had shirley phelps-roper on and after a few minutes of her shouting her hateful crap he asked her if she'd ever had a homosexual relationship herself. then he suggested that the reason they go on about gayness the whole time is they're all gay themselves.

he asked if she shouted that loud all the time (PASS THE SALT PLEASE etc) and said she's the most hateful person he's ever come across. it went on for about ten minutes with her shouting and him taking the piss out of her. the man's gas :D

She was so full of hate and she was targeting Senator Norris, Moncrief was very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i was thinking of doing godhatesphelps.com for a while with homosexual photoshops of him but i never got around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWlTnQRJ6ps

:D

She had a child out of wedlock.

'Let he with out sin cast the first stone.'

Thaedydal wrote:

'Let he with out sin cast the first stone.'

That would be me then. :D

DaveMcG wrote:

They should either change that banner, or change the name of the website to "God hates the Ivory Coast"

• Advertisement
Advertisement