Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone built a PC on Hardwareversand.de? Help please!

Options
  • 26-07-2007 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've just built the following PC on www.hardwareversand.de - a german company. Need some help. Basically ordered the PC online, and it says:

Payment type: prepayment

Please use for credit transfer exclusively this account, even if you know further admits of accounts.

Remittee: hardwareversand.de GmbH Remittee account: XXXXXX
    BLZ: XXXXXXXXXX
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 3123 9469
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF

Amount: 1.942,82 EUR Intended purpose: XXXXXXXXXX
    Please be appreciative of this restriction. We refer to the instance, that the procedure was automated therewith the transaction will be done as fast as can.

Does anyone know how I can do this - phoned them and they dont really speak much English at all, although I do know a few people that have bought through them and said they were good. I'm presuming that its a money transfer, but not too sure. Has anyone had any dealings with this company at all?

By the way PC I bought was:

Name: 2048MB-Kit Mushkin SP2-5300, CL5 Price per unit: 80,94 €
    Name: 2048MB-Kit Mushkin SP2-5300, CL5 Price per unit: 80,94 €
    Name: Acer AL 2216W, 22", TCO03 Price per unit: 226,28 €
    Name: ATX-Netzt.BE Quiet! Straight Power 550 Watt / BQT E5 Price per unit: 74,28 €
    Name: Counter-Strike Source (USK 16) Price per unit: 24,70 €
    Name: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer - fatal1ty Pro. Series Price per unit: 114,43 Name: D-Link DGE-528T Gigabit TP Adapter, PCI 32-B Price per unit: 10,01 €
    Name: EVGA nForce 680i LT SLI, Sockel 775 nForce680i LT SLI, ATX Price per unit: 191,17 €
    Name: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 boxed, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield Price per unit: 239,00
    Name: Laufwerk 1.44 MB,3.5" beige Price per unit: 4,99 €
    Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home SB System Builder-Version Price per unit: 70,94 € Name: NEC AD-7170S schwarz bulk SATA Price per unit: 34,24 €
    Name: Rechner - Zusammenbau Price per unit: 9,99 €
    Name: Rise of Nations Price per unit: 12,99 €
    Name: Samsung SH-D163A SATA Bulk schwarz Price per unit: 15,16 €
    Name: Software-Installation Price per unit: 34,99 €
    Name: Thermaltake Kandalf LCS schwarz VD4000BWS ohne Netzteil Price per unit: 214,49 €
    Name: WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA II 16MB Price per unit: 93,30 €
    Name: WD Caviar SE16 500GB SATA II 16MB Price per unit: 93,30 €
    Name: Windows XP-Aktivierung Price per unit: 12,00 €
    Name: XFX GeForce 8800GTS 560M "XT", 320MB DDR3, PCI-Express Price per unit: 260,44 €

Subtotal: 1.898,58 €
    Shipping costs per DHL-Normalversand:
    + 30,00 € logistic costs: + 14,24 €

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Yeah go into the bank and ask to do a bank transfer to Germany. Just fill out the form. It takes about 3 or 4 days to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

hmmm €24 for CSS its like 19 dollars on steam :eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

Looks good, might be worth upping the ram to PC 6400 due to the low price difference, and you may run into problems running 4 gigs of ram on XP home. €35 for windows installation seems excessive. An decent aftermarket cooler would be a good idea for a Q6600. Fatality branded anything is usually a rip off.

Once you haven't paid you can cancel and order again if you want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Toolbag wrote:
    Looks good, might be worth upping the ram to PC 6400 due to the low price difference, and you may run into problems running 4 gigs of ram on XP home. €35 for windows installation seems excessive. An decent aftermarket cooler would be a good idea for a Q6600. Fatality branded anything is usually a rip off.

Once you haven't paid you can cancel and order again if you want :)

yea cool - will do now so - do you by any chance know how to cancel the order on that website? there seems to be absolutely no option at all....

also, what problems mite occur, running 4gigs ram on xp?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

I'm dunno about the cancellation, but once you haven't paid you have no worries. Just cancel over the phone.

32-bit operating systems and certain motherboards may have problems recognising 4 gigs of ram. It seems 64-bit OSs accept the 4 gigs of RAM easier (but not always!). I'm unsure of the specifics of this issue but a quick search on google will tell you.

Don't forget a decent cpu fan for the quad core, one of the decent scythe or zalmans from here will do nicely, just make sure it's socket 775 compatible

This 600W version of your PSU is only €5 more expensive.

You've left in the OS install for €35 so I assume you don't want to do this yourself, but that is expensive. Have you considered Vista 64 bit?

Toolbag wrote:
    I'm dunno about the cancellation, but once you haven't paid you have no worries. Just cancel over the phone.

32-bit operating systems and certain motherboards may have problems recognising 4 gigs of ram. It seems 64-bit OSs deal with 4 gigs of RAM better (but not always!). I'm unsure of the specifics of this issue but a quick search on google will tell you.

Don't forget a decent cpu fan for the quad core, one of the decent scythe or zalmans from here will do nicely, just make sure it's socket 775 compatible

This 600W version of your PSU is only €5 more expensive.

You've left in the OS install for €35 so I assume you don't want to do this yourself, but that is expensive. Have you considered Vista 64 bit?

yea il buy a fan from komplett, cuz il b buying the monitor from them too. To be quite honest, i really really don't wanna go vista. Its just iv heard bad stories, and I know a fair few games dont even run on vista. I really dont mind the OS install - I have the money so id just like to receive the PC and open it up and use it out of the box to be honest.

Didntn realise the 600w was better - will go for that thanks. Have you had any dealings with that company before? I tried phoning them, but the lad i was talking to said he didn't speak much English, so i could barely ask how to pay...

EDIT: I was thinking about Vista, and I could get it actually and just install XP if Im having too many problems with it cuz i have a windows key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

if you're going to run with 4gigs of ram, you will need a 64bit OS, XP 64bit or Vista 64bit. 32bit addressing will not be able to access the 4gigs of ram, with your graphics card, swap files etc you'll see it listed as roughly 2.5gigs of ram even though you'll see 4gigs listed in your bios. To save headaches, go with the 64bit OS. XP or vista is your choice (personally ive 64bit XP running on 3machines and no issues with games or anything like that. Only thing, you'll need a 32bit Internet explorer to download updates, 64bit XP comes with this anyways, dont know about vista) Hope this helps you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

not true ^^

vista has the ability to see 4gigabizzzles :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement