Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA time?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,496 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I purchased goods on 9th July, over 600 euro worth. They have delivered and all. When I was doing the transaction in the store, it questioned my card so she rang up visa and they authorised the transaction so all good. Thing is, money has still not being taken out of my VISA. How long does it take as naturally I want to make sure there are sufficient funds for this transaction

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I bought something on holiday about 2 months ago and it only appeared on my statementabout 3 days ago.

Usually it takes a few days for my card but automatically appearsa as an 'undeposited transaction'on my online statement. The worst that can happen is that you are eventually charged is which case it is an interest free loan short term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The transasction would have been authorised straight away but the funds might not necessarily be debited from your visa staright away, can depend on the company.

Usually what happens is a transaction is authorised (i.e card details/enough money etc.,) and the amount affects your available balance straight away. So you see an immediate effect on your card's available money so you can't go way over your limit. If the company hasn't debited the money fully in a week or so it will stop affecting your available balance. Thus the transaction will have no effect on your card until they actually debit the amount, which they are entitled to do for up to about 6 months (AFAIK - i'd need to double check).

Advertisement