Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you last go bowling?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering when people last went bowling? Was it with family, friends, for a party? Where did you go and how did you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I went to the leisureplex in coolock with my girlfriend. Had a terrible game (due to alcohol) Scored 149. Only had the one game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

sparky360 wrote:
    Had a terrible game (due to alcohol) Scored 149.

Sounds like you bowl regularly enough if 149 is a terrible game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭madson

i think its about 3 years since i last bowled unless wii sports counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

a couple of week ago in Galway with Tar.Aldarion, using house balls. The lanes there are absolutely terrible, the lanes are not smoothed enough, the pins were held up by pins and malfunctions from time to time... and the house balls looked like they weren't replaced/fixed in over a decade, and it was still as expensive as Dublin, 8 quid per game...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Went in Waterford for the first time in years around May, balls very chipped, lanes in terrible condition, kept breaking down, eventually moved to a new lane, not much better.
    Spent 5 weeks in Vegas in June, mustve gone bowling 10 times, only $1 a game after midnight in one place, sort of got the hang of it in the end, scored a 164 destroying my old best of under 100 but after that I kept throwing to the left again so mustve just been a fluke.

Very enjoyable but not sure its worth the price being charged in Ireland for the state of the facilities.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Very enjoyable but not sure its worth the price being charged in Ireland for the state of the facilities.

Well I know what you're saying but remember that some bowling centres have ebtter facilities than others...that said, it's still expensive.

The cost does come down a bit if you get yourself into leagues...of course that does mean going once a week until the league is over so that might be a false economy :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I reckon the price of a standard game in Dundalk came down. It's been a couple of months since I was out for a game, must try and organize one for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

3 days ago when i was playing properly or today acting the idiot in work

yes i do work in a bowling alley

WildFox wrote:
    yes i do work in a bowling alley

Yeah, I used to bowl 6 days a week when I worked in XL Bowl (Superdome). Was bowling the weekend before last and managed a 165 and 185. Not bad for a house ball. I really need to buy a new ball of my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 glen290

I bowl twice a week in 2 different leagues, and my daughter bowls on a saturday in YBC, which I am currently in training to be a phase 1 coach for the league, I also have a few games after the league has fnished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just back working nights and a few of us were heading to Leisureplex most nights after work for a game, then they started shutting at 1 after years of being 24hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

About 6 months ago with work in the Mardyke in Cork. Good night out, especially because you can drink at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

It's been about 2 months since I bowled last.

Out in Stillorgan, just after a league night competition finished up.

Lanes were nicely oiled and with my own ball, but still only managed about 160/170 or so. Well out of practice.

Too expensive (and a touch busy) to go regularly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jaysus, 'twas many moons ago when I was but a young lad. It was for a friends birthday. We even had those blue things at the sides to stop the balls going into the gutter. I haven't been since because the place closed down not long after. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

Yesterday in Work when i got 236 with the house balls(new alley record) and then I bowled after work with my own gear and I couldnt hit 200 at all >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Last Sat when I was in Dublin for the weekend with friends. Went out to Leisurplex in Coolock.
    Had been two years before that. Must go more often..good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

WildFox wrote: »
    Yesterday in Work when i got 236 with the house balls(new alley record) and then I bowled after work with my own gear and I couldnt hit 200 at all >_<

236 with house balls. HA!
    I played 3 games today in Bettystown (first time in years) and got 280 with house balls. Needless to say I was very dissappointed I didnt break 100 for any game. ;)

Played 2 games today, only managed 136 and 158 using house balls. Will be joining a league next week (with any luck) so we'll see what improvements I make over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

yesterday, had a 126 with my left hand (i'm right handed just did it for the laugh) and a 168 right handed both with the alley balls still to get myown ball

Advertisement