Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Working Visa

• 26-07-2007 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on applying for my visa through the following site http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm#d.

I will have the financial requirements at the time of applying for the visa and I also have a return flight booked. However I will be travelling around asia for a few months before I get to oz and Im not not sure I'll have the adequate funds in my account when I arrive. (I'll prob have $4000, they advise $5000)

Is it sufficiant to have the funds at time of applying for the visa, or is this checked on arrival ? Has anyone had any major problems with this on arrival?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It's not checked ... I've never heard of any problems

I know plenty of people who came with less than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I'd agree, mine was never checked, and 4/5 mates were'nt checked either. Even if you are checked the fact that you have a return flight should do fine, bring a bank statement with the 5K in there too (sure, it'll be a few months old, but its better than nothing) But in all honesty, you've no worries, oh and make the most of Asia, its top class..

Advertisement