Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grouting Help

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Strange one here,

Just finishing off the tiling around the edges and need to grout them. For the life of me i cant get the grout to mix! Now ive already grouted 90% of the floor so i know how to mix it but not whenever i try i get a grey coloured water with a brown sand at the bottom. Im giving it a good mix aswell its just refusing to disolve in the water. :mad: Tired all sorts of mix ratios aswell

Ive gone through two bags of Bostick SGS Pourable Grout in Grey doing this and have about 1/4 bag left if anyone has any suggestions. Also im wondering if i just got another brand of grey grout would you think the colours would be noticably different?

Cheers

P

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you might have an old bag of grout. It has a very short shelf life, i would bin what you have and get another bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

It says can be used untill the 10th of 2007, manufactured in april but maybe you're right for the sake of getting it finished ill pick up another bag tonight

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

So does it appear that there is more sand at the bottom of this grout than the rest? If so, it kind of points to either a bad batch or mixing problems by the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You say you've already grouted 90% of the floor, so I assume that bit went OK? Maybe the grout just settled and got separated a bit in the bag, i.e. the heavier sand settled to the bottom and you've now got to the end of the bag which is more sand than cement? Just an idea.

Yeah 90% of it went ok its just these two bags im having trouble with. Will give it another lash with this new bag lets just hope the colours are similar

• Advertisement

Mixed new bag with old one in an effort to keep the colours the same and it came out perfect :confused:

Ah well all the shouting and kicking a bucket around the place was worth it in the end!:D

Advertisement