Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody else have this problem?

• 26-07-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

i bought my 360 in January and gopt the 3 red lights last week. so i called game and they said they'd replace it no problem, so i went up the next day and got it replaced no questions asked. However, when i bought my 360, i got it with a wireless adaptor but it wouldn't pick up the signal from my broadband.
    So the day after i first bought my first 360 i called up Eircoms phone station (in new delhi) to sort it out. so the guy had to talk me through lots of stuff and i must have been on the phone a good 3/4's of an hour typing codes into the 360, and changing security settings on the computer etc. and eventually it did work and got xbox live up and running.

it has been running fine ever since and i thought that since i kept my hard-drive when i got it replaced, that my network settings would still be on it. But nooooo. i have to do that all over again to set up Xbox Live.

Did anybody else have this problem and is there an easier way to fix it, or did everyone's adaptor just do everything automatically?
    Help would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Well I suppose there are 2 options that I know of(both involve a computer on the wireless network).
      You could put the Eircom disk into a laptop/CD and select generate key, it will ask for the serial key on the bottom of the router, put this in and it will give you a key which you can put in to the 360 to join the network
      Or else you could just use a computer which is already on the network, and go to the router settings page(could be 192.168.1.254 check your gateway to get this) and change the key to something easy like all 1's or 2's or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

thank you but there are codes that the 360 asks for that i cant find on the cpu

P.S. please try to keep the explanations dumbed down a little bit as i'm not really a computer wiz lol

Advertisement