Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogsindistress

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Can I bring this website to the attention of anybody that may be looking to home a dog.The website is run by volunteers trying to rehome dogs from Dublin's Ashton Pound.All these dogs only get a few days to find new homes or they are put down.I have rehomed two and I think it is a very worthwhile and rewarding thing to do.The website is www.dogsindistress.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

i'd really love to help them - unfortunately I have a pup and she's a handful - and i'm barely able to support myself and her on my social welfare. hope to rescue a dog when i get a job though. will keep them in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thanks for bringing the site to our attention "kinmjess". It appears that Ashtown pound are doing all they can to keep the terribly high number of dogs put down there weekly, to a minimum. They deserve all the help (in any way) they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I;ve also rehomed 2 dogs recently and would reccomend anybody who could foster a dog to check this site out-the 1st i fostered was a beautiful boxer who my brother adopted-then the 2nd was a collie who could not find a home so went to live in england and will be looked after as the shelter he is going to never put healthy dogs down-without been fostered he would of been put down as dogs travelling abroad must be fostered 1st-dogs in distress will provide food and stuff if necessary for fosterers-i did not take up this option as this was my way of helping the charity-there is dogs ready to be put down every day so check out the site as you can adopt straight off the site also!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My Sis-in-Law does some voluntary work with them and tell's me to ring the pound daily and there's so many dogs coming through that its not possible to get them all up on the site.

She just re-homed the most beautiful Staffie the other day, it went to the UK. In my quest for a Staffie I was dying to take him, but I really need a puppy and she was a few months olf :(

Advertisement