Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A truly worthy cause... retired FAI players association

• 26-07-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Has anyone heard the ad on the radio for a golf classic to help retired international Irish football players, i think John Gyles is doing the voice over...

He is urging people to support "A truly worthy cause, retired international FAI players association..."

Now i know these guys have brought alot of joy when playing for Ireland, but I'd hardly consider it a "A truly worthy cause"....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

what do they mean by help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Give money to, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

There is also an ad on tv I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

ahh yes...they have done so much for us......

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Sorry, yea they want people to sign up and partake in this golf classic + meal for some silly amount of money... .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Why exactly should we be giving them money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Hi All,

Has anyone heard the ad on the radio for a golf classic to help retired international Irish football players, i think John Gyles is doing the voice over...

He is urging people to support "A truly worthy cause, retired international FAI players association..."

Now i know these guys have brought alot of joy when playing for Ireland, but I'd hardly consider it a "A truly worthy cause"....

I would assume this is intended to help older players who have fallen on hard times-the Dave Langan situation is well-known in footie circles-and not the millionaires from the Premiership.

Also there's a footie forum on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The ad makes it sound like the players sacrificed a lot for their country and lost legs/arms/their minds.... does playing for Ireland really mess you up that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

watna wrote:
    The ad makes it sound like the players sacrificed a lot for their country and lost legs/arms/their minds.... does playing for Ireland really mess you up that much?
    Apparently it does.

Be gone foul thread.
    Off to the soccer forum with ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If the nurses have any sense of charity theyll give a weeks pay towards this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement