Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tall order

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I have a 1.6 Toyota Carina E and its been good to me, but with 175,000 on the clock, its not too far off justifying a new motor.

Im looking for a car that has a decent bit of power, good size!, is economical, preferably diesel, and isnt too much on insurance.

Budget of anything between 8000 to 20000, depending on what tickles my fancy. Can anyone throw a few suggestions in please?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

You could get a Octavia TDi, fairly new with excellent trim and gadgets with quite good reliability for that money.

If you can though, I would recommend getting a Honda Accord 2.2 CTDI, they're excellent diesels, very smooth and torquey with fantastic fuel consumption. And legendary japanese reliability. All packaged in what I think (IMHO) is a very good-looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What about a newer Avensis Lean Burn?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I was looking at the Avensis D4D and would like it, but wanna keep my options open. I really like the Honda, 2.2 is a bit steep on insurance though...:confused:

Update: http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=572205

That is gorgeous. Id really love it, but its a bit out of my price range:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I have a 1.6 Toyota Carina E and its been good to me, but with 175,000 on the clock,

Volvoboys' Carina senses must be tingling right about now.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

audi A4... 3 years old for 15 grand

• Advertisement
Advertisement