Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barking

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My dog has just taken up a very annoying habit - barking through the night for no apparent reason from around 1am to 5am! I'm so exhausted that I just give in and get up with her, let her upstairs, let her downstairs, let her out the back garden, let her back in again but nothing works. She's 2 and this literally only started 2 weeks ago, it doesn't make a difference whether she's been out on a walk or not, i though this might calm her down. Its keeping my neighbours up too! Any suggestions as to why she might be doing this and what I could do to stop it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

our collie lab cross has started this too , so ill take any advice aswell ,though i think were gonna be told its down to boredom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

has anything in the house changed in the past 2 weeks like builders or a new baby ? It can be due to stress. you can buy a wall plug in or a spray. it has a pheromone in it that is released from the mother after it gives birth to pups that relaxes them

or a another option is a anti-bark collar. it squirts citronella (lemon juice) at them when they bark. it doesn't hurt them but it gives them a shock. the last option would be a behaviourist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

veeery simple solution:

let her sleep in your bedroom and tell to shut the f*** up when she starts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

there may be foxes or hedgehogs that have started to come into the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Saint Ruth

peasant wrote:
    veeery simple solution:

let her sleep in your bedroom and tell to shut the f*** up when she starts :D
    I was going to say the exact same thing... :D

That works for me. My dog occasionally barks at cats in middle of the night and the solution above works...

(I think you can get this electric yoke that gives the dog a shock everytime it barks...a bit cruel but if it's an option if your only choices are between that and the dog pound in the sky)...

• Advertisement
Advertisement