Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atm users

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Taxi driver told me his young lad got attacked while taken money out of a atm machine. Got a fairly bad doing, broken teeth etc.

Also read something about it in the post last week aswell.

probably due to the "H" making its way into the hands of few morons out there.

anyway,

just to inform people to take extra care around city center atm machines.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good advice, Sunn.

Was this broad daylight or at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

daylight, but I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

never use atms now due to that and its not just in limerick its all over the place. use the laser cards and get cash out that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

i use them if they are in shops..like the one in dunnes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There is a whole heap of ATM machines in shops in town.

Dunnes Stores the new one
    Arthurs Quay shopping centre
    Centra O Connell Street
    Basement of Easons also has one

can't think of any more.

the heroin heads have the city ruined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Most are safe enough if there's a queue. I generally use them at night with a group of people before heading out.

If we all changed our lives for incidents like this we'd never leave the house

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I always forget the one downstairs in Easons.

Generally there's such queues around the main ATMs in town that you wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

there is also one beside the soft drinks in tesco in the crescent shopping centre.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

there is also one beside the soft drinks in tesco in the crescent shopping centre.

Thats good to know, the ones down by the Cinema are usually wedged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Broad daylight and queues are no guarantee of safety. I was waiting to get cash at the AIB, top of Grafton St Dublin, about 3 years ago when the queue scattered. A thug had grabbed a man at the machine and was forcing him to take out money at knifepoint. I *ahem* intervened *ahem* the thug ended up getting 18 months in gaol. Be careful at these machines. I live in France now and can't be there everytime you need me. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Fair play to ya Hagar! :D

Theres also an ATM in Heatons in the crescent - the main ones are nearly always jammers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

the statoil on the dock road has one too

Advertisement