Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E6750 @ €172.64,

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭

Am I missing something here?

Hardwareversand have priced - E6750 @ €172.64,
    and
    E6700 @ €274.99.

I thought these were the same chip but with different FSB speeds (with the cheaper being the newer, faster chip??).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Am I missing something here?

Hardwareversand have priced - E6750 @ €172.64,
    and
    E6700 @ €274.99.

I thought these were the same chip but with different FSB speeds (with the cheaper being the newer, faster chip??).

then buy it. I think they must make these mistakes all the time. I recently bought a load of RAM from them, only to come on a week later and they had it increased the price of it by €40? They must have some weird way of pricing their products, I dunno, something like the higher the demand the higher the price or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

probably same on all sites, there was no price cuts for the older models as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Intel want us all to buy the new 1333Mhz stuff.

Hence the aggressive pricing.
    (not a pricing mistake!)

Talk about kicking AMD when they are down :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bar-sta-lona is going to kick back though *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nah i doubt it will. And it will have to be really cheap to get people to consider amd again. Alsy watch out for hynix. They are going into cpu production over the next few years and plan to rival intel. Big claim from the 5th biggest ram producer i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Hmm, yes, I think I'll have it!:D

I was leaning towards this mobo - http://www2.hardwareversand.de/7V1K5DN4LNJkoT/3/articledetail.jsp?aid=10124&agid=659

Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yep its a good board, but known for overheating issues. Gigabyte are meant to have the best p35 around.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Anti wrote:
    Nah i doubt it will. And it will have to be really cheap to get people to consider amd again. Alsy watch out for hynix. They are going into cpu production over the next few years and plan to rival intel. Big claim from the 5th biggest ram producer i think.
    Really Hynix moving into microproccesor production? If they do plan to challenge Intel, it certianly won't be in the sector most people here are interested in i.e. desktop/server market, it'll be against the ARM sector of Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

so exactly how much better is this new line up from intel?... is my e6600 being out dated already....fcuk sake!, damn technomolology! does the 1333 speed mke a huge differance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

No, the FSB speed bump doesn't provide a huge boost - the duo's already overclock so well that it's not a big deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement