Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How competent are Halford's mechanics?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Just a general question as I'm pretty anal about who is servicing my bike. Selling my bike this Sat and I need my new one ready for work on Mon morning.

The bike is a Sirrus Sport and I need a service and maybe new tyres, break pads and saddle. Shouldn't be to difficult? Could cycleways get that done in a day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

I would check out what you want, do not give them free reign on it, or you will just get the most profitable tyres, saddle etc, or slow selling stock. And give in a specific list of what you want checked, otherwise they might not check stuff and do changes you do not want and charge for replacements.

I would definitely go for gatorskin or armadillo tyres

Advertisement