Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desktop problem.

• 26-07-2007 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Some Idiot (Might have been me :-)) dragged an internet link onto my desktop so now i have a game playing in the backround of the desktop while I'm trying to work.

I have no idea how to get rid of it and would be gratefull for any tips.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not exactly sure what your saying, but im assuming the desktop background has changed.. so..

Right Click the Desktop -> Click "Properties" -> Desktop. In there, you can manage what your desktop will appear as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

No its not that. some how I have managed to get an internet link to a flash game embedded on to the desktop. Now its running in the backround all the time, I can make it pretty small so it cant realy be seen but I cant seem to delete it. Does that make any more sense.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not really :P The instructions I gave are for changing the desktop background - which can easily be something like your describing.

Other then that, I cant think of what else your talking about. If you want to post up a screenshot? I could tell from that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

It could be a problem with Active desktop, basically where a HTML page is loaded onto the desktop. In Windows 98 you could just disable it somewhere in "Desktop -> Click "Properties" -> Desktop".

What version are you running?

(Sully - See i didn't say reinstall windows ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Thanks Guys, problem sorted.

It was indeed a HTML page running in the backround. Showed up as an error in the customize - Web section of the desktop.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement