Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing van private to commercial

Options
  • 26-07-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Heya,

We've a work van which is classed as a private vehicle, and we only found this out when sending it for it's DOE.

Whats the proceedure in changing it from private to commercial? I presume the log book will have to be changed?

Cheers

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

whats the make and model?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Ford Transit Connect. Don't ask me how its down as private :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

best bet is to ring the tax office and ask them i am sure there is a form to fill out and send to shannon or to the tax office if the van is nearly out of tax wait until then and go in and do it when getting the tax its probly the best way as if you have anything wrong your not waiting on it to be posted back the tax office in dublins number is 01 2222222 give them a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Has happened a good few times this year for some reason....

You need to get the vehicle weighed (Roadstone have public weighbridges)
    Book the vehicle in for a DOE (need VLC and Weight Cert)
    Post off VLC, Weight Cert, DOE Cert and RF111 (http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,495,en.pdf) to local tax office.

Vehicle will change from Private to Commercial.

Advertisement