Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black leggings?

• 26-07-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

can anyone explain to me this new craze about black leggings under skirts, with high heels, please? Where did that come from, and why?

Seriously? They're everywhere, and it just looks horrible...Did I miss yet another fashion trend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

galah wrote:
    Did I miss yet another fashion trend?

Welcome to the last 2-3 years. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DonnaDarkoPhoto

havent they been around ages? ive been wearing them about 3 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

hm, seems I did miss another trend then...

But WHY? WHY?

I just don't get it...Last time these horrible things were around, it was the end of the 90ies, and in comparison to what else people wore, I suppose it wasn't that bad. But now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

cos its way better and comfier than showing off pasty white legs.

It seems to be fashionable to give out about them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Welcome to the last 2-3 years. ;)
    the west of the country are behind that much ;)

• Advertisement

hm, probably true.

That'll make it 43 years behind the rest of Europe, fashion-wise, I suppose...;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Could be worse - could be black leggings with ugg boots!

Nice. That just ruined my dinner...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i thought they were kinda going out of fashion again though..are they not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Femmy wrote:
    i thought they were kinda going out of fashion again though..are they not?

Hmmm... are they? They've certainly been around for a while anyway. I think they can look nice, but like all trends, it depends on how you wear them...
    They are also a nice way to keep your legs warm with all this horrible weather we've been having :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

They are also a nice way to keep your legs warm with all this horrible weather we've been having :)

Yes... I love wearing dresses. They really suit my boobs and hips figure way more than jeans etc....
    But I've really pale legs. I love these leggings, cos they allow me to wear my favourite dresses, with my other favourite.... birkenstocks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Leggings and very thick black tights are great.
    Especially with a skirt and Ugg boots. Super comfy and, as people have already said, no pasty white legs. Black is a flattering colour on the legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Was in BT's today and they have some Falke one's on half price in the sale......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I started a thread about this crime against fashion some time back. Hideous ugly things. I think even skinny, pasty legs look better than leggings. They make even the nicest dress look frumpy, casual and wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

great fashion, covers up those tango orange legs that appear summertime in dublin...ming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

I like them, I think they can look really elegant depending on what you wear them with. I hate when people wear them with high heels, that just screams the tacky 80's-esque style most commonly associated with scumbags. They look much better with flat simple shoes, no uggs here thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

galah wrote:
    black leggings under skirts, with high heels

v sexy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

My girlfriend wears them frequently. I find them sexy.

Dark hose, tights, leggings. \o/

Like most women she seemingly doesn't know how to shave properly so the texture is very nice. Much better than her legs feeling smooth one way and then severe tyre damage if you rub the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

They are a horrible trend aren't they?!

My boyfriend and I hate it too... it does nothing for the girls legs, it makes them look shorter and if the girl has any sort of curve or if her legs are not stick thin then they look fat. They're normally teamed with some hideous tacky abstract print top/dress.

Stop the black leggings!! Am surprised the trend has lasted this long...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Whatever about leggings, I <3 my black tights! Leggins make people's legs look shorter whereas tights elongate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

What is the difference between tights and leggings?

As I guy the terms confuse me and I use them interchangeably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Leggings are basically just tights without feet, they only go down to your ankles whereas tights have socks at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

Ugh.... *shudders* Hate them hate them hate them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not nice
    ugly15.gif

Nicer
    342464772_0341604ba9_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I don't like the return of legging at all. I'm amazed both by the way it's taken off and the length of time of which it's lasted. I think they're quite unflattering on most people. Black opaque tights are my preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

black leggings are f**king horrible. Another case of girls just following the leader methinks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I was down in Killarney last weekend and literally every second girl was wearing either black leggings or a white mini-skirt. Black leggings with heels and a short summery dress over them is a great look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i really don't like the black legging under a denim skirt/with uggs/pumps combo at all!!

I do however love wearing them in the gym coz they're so damn comfy!!

Advertisement