Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Mountain Bike

Options
  • 26-07-2007 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

blue mountain bike stolen from the railings behind the daniel o connell statue last friday between 2 and 6pm

Corpo didnt take it so I presume a junkie took it.

Im stranded now without transport and im gutted. ill never get it back.

just thought id share the bad news:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

Covenline wrote:
    blue mountain bike stolen from the railings behind the daniel o connell statue last friday between 2 and 6pm

Corpo didnt take it so I presume a junkie took it.

Im stranded now without transport and im gutted. ill never get it back.

just thought id share the bad news:(

Worthless junkies,they should be put out of their own misery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Sorry to cut across your thread, but if anyones heard of a red mountain bike being stolen around the city centre in the last few days. I wont give the brand.....but good news is it's safe and sound. Red with disc brakes. Love to re-unite it with rightfull owner. Pass on the word to fellow cyclists.......

And before anyone points out the obvious, checked with Gardai, no report of bike matching this description in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I had a bike stolen on oconnell st as well last thursday.

Was aluminium color, disc brakes, front shocks...

Worst about it was that it was my flat mates bike that i had borrowed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

There must be a spate of bikes being stolen around the O'Connell st. area of late. Either that or its always been the case. I sometimes leave my pride and joy Giant racer nearby albeit for brief periods. I think tomorrow I will watch it from afar for a while and if someone attempts to take it I will paste them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Surely theres video footage of it ,if there isn't ,then why not ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

_Brian_ wrote:
    Surely theres video footage of it ,if there isn't ,then why not ?
    If you were a woman and had a €20 handbag snatched, then they get the video footage out. They dont give a **** about a €2000 bike being nicked, its treated like kids stealing each other marbles, sure arent you too big to be riding a bike bucco... stop wasting the sergeants time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

Depends where it is to get cctv footage, private business don't tend to have their cameras pointed at poles etc. Garda camerras are constantly moving watching traffic, suspects etc. So unless the operator has spotted the would be bike thief, they wont be watchin.

Big spate of thefts around city centre....IF YOU HAVE A CABLE TYPE LOCK, you might as well leave it unlocked!!! boltcutters = snip

Advertisement