Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fred Phelps hates the L&H

Options
  • 26-07-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Looks like the L&H are up to their old 'who's the most controversial toss-pot we can get to speak for us' tricks again.

US hate preacher Fred Phelps is refusing to play ball though.

http://www.godhatesireland.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

The first time I ever came across this guy I was thought "wow.......just wow".

Nice to see some people never change ¬_¬

I think if he did come it would be possibly the single most violent scene I would ever be likely to witness in my life. As much as he is loathsome, I kind of wish he accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Saw this earlier. Very funny.

Can you imagine the riots if he did come?
    McDowell x 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'd love if they had sat him beside David Norris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

You do realise that this thread is probably a herald for the foundation of "www.godhatesboards.com"? And we are all going to be branded "cyberfags" who will burn in hell *backup with random scripture*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

abelard wrote:
    You do realise that this thread is probably a herald for the foundation of "www.godhatesboards.com"? And we are all going to be branded "cyberfags" who will burn in hell *backup with random scripture*

That would be so awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

abelard wrote:

Sign me up for that stuff. Anything to piss Fred Phelps off more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Hmm, I don't know about anyone else, but reading his sermon I get the feeling that he may not like "fags" very much. Maybe it's just me though...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

We should have gotten the Newman society to invite him

Oh and this is also the man who hated Princess Di

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

one of the funniest reads i've ever seen on the internetz

thanks for LOLs Fred the ledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Oh please let this be true. I heard him ranting on the radio a few years back.

If he did show up what questions would you ask him?

I'd probably ask him - Who does he not hate? - The answer probably being his mother and God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

entertainly deluded man, i mean, you have to love the way he tries and backs up his claims with random snippets of scripture, as if that somehow justifies his stance on things.

I'd imagine in a genuine debate Senator Norris would make a fool of the man, if he needed any help that is, as he's pretty much able to make a fool of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

How do you fine a man 10,000 lbs??? I'm intrigued...

David Norris would take him to bits in a debate, but it wouldn't be a debate. It'd be a screeching rant from the good Pastor. Shame he's not coming really, would have been great entertainment... I especially liked the paranoia about how the whole thing was to lure him to Europe so he could be arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Ah that man is great entertainment... nasty person... but great entertainment! Shame he didnt accept, wouldnt have got out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Tayto2000 wrote:
    How do you fine a man 10,000 lbs??? I'm intrigued...

I think this is an example of the mans ignorance. His confusiong for monetary £s as opposed to weight lbs, and the fact we use neither, illustrates the mans total lack of reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well, the legislation could well still refer to pounds (£) in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

I'd love if they had sat him beside David Norris.

LOL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Most Americans wouldn't know much about Europe let alone Ireland. America is the most fundamentalist country in the world. This is despite the fact that it is the most capitalist driven society on earth. However America is the exception, in the general trend evident in the world of a secularisation of society with economic and social development. I would say that there would be a significant number of people in America subscribing to Mr Phelp's views about homosexuality and creationism etc. It's scary really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you are talking funadmentalist with regards religion America isn't even close to being the worst in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

And I think if you're talking about how much Americans know about Ireland, I'd put them up in the top percentage in the world. I've been to far worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Chakar wrote:
    I would say that there would be a significant number of people in America subscribing to Mr Phelp's views about homosexuality and creationism etc. It's scary really.

That's not really true. I'm sure some hold similiar views, but as far as I know there's only about 100 or so people who are actively a part of Phelps so called religion, and these people are extreme - to the point where they'll hop on planes to picket funerals. They're pretty much one big horrible family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Mr Phelps has no Religion. He is on his way to HELL. Anybody who can say such things is a man on his way to HELL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8cN2pB3MCE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I'm suprised more people don't hold similar views. That OT God is a cranky mofo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I am liberal. I don't agree with this man's views but to be truly liberal you have to listen to everybody and shouldn't demand that he's not allowed come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Red Alert wrote:
    I am liberal. I don't agree with this man's views but to be truly liberal you have to listen to everybody and shouldn't demand that he's not allowed come.

No one here has demanded that he not be allowed come.

However, as an elitist I disapprove of the L&H chasing after a controversial speaker instead of an intelligent and possibly enlightening one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I take your point about chasing him, but there's a disturbing trend all the same in UCD which started out when that abortion crowd weren't allowed come because some people threatened to start a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Red Alert wrote:
    I take your point about chasing him, but there's a disturbing trend all the same in UCD which started out when that abortion crowd weren't allowed come because some people threatened to start a riot.
    There is no trend, disturbing or otherwise. One debate didn't happen because of safety fears after a group threatened to disrupt it, in this case a speaker didn't show up because he felt he was being baited, which to be fair to him, he was. I doubt the LandH were bringing him in for his enlightening insights, more his inciting passion, there's nothing wrong with doing that either, it makes for a great debate, although it would probably end up smothering what is an important topic by becoming The Fred Phelps Experience featuring David Norris.

I should point out that the people who were said to have threatened to cause a riot deny ever doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I should point out that the people who were said to have threatened to cause a riot deny ever doing so.
    they also denied doing that mock-up of the tribune, when it was about as close to a sure thing as possible that it was them. In any case, their word on anything is not to be taken, regardless of which side of the debate you fall on, they're just a pack of rowdy dickheads.

Oh yes, because untrustworthy people are always guilty.

Great, now I sound like pretty*monster. I hope you're happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Are they those last day of term bebo dickheads?!

Advertisement