Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving in PES 2008

Options
  • 26-07-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I've lost the link, but I was reading a translation of a German games site yesterday, and it said that you will be able to actively dive in PES 2008. You'll either con the ref, or get booked depending on ref's position and your execution.

There were lots of other enhancements noted, but that was the one that stood out the most. Is this correct? I hate diving, but I think I'd like it in the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yep, a 3 button combo to dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oh god it will be like This is Football all over again. Really hope this is all bullplop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oh god it will be like This is Football all over again. Really hope this is all bullplop.

Yeah it was fairly crap in TIF alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well unfortunately it is part of the real game so why not in the game. would be hilarious diving and winning a pen against one of your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Have to say I wouldn't be a fan of this. I know its a part of the real game but just wouldn't fancy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well unfortunately it is part of the real game so why not in the game. would be hilarious diving and winning a pen against one of your mates.
    It's not. It's really really not. It's tacky and it can wreck a game completely (and cause fights ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's really bad. It alll depends on how they do it. If it becomes a skill, the better players will master it, to perfection, and get a ****load of penos. If it's both a skill and then has like a 30% success ratio, then I think it could be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

wasn't this an option in one of the FIFA games? RTWC 97 or 98 I think?
    It made it pure muck. I could dive once you just hit off a player and 100% peno or free kick.
    It was only if you obviously dived with no contact (no player near you) did you get punish.

Not good IMO. I'd prefer is the player itself may randomly dive depending on certain attributes - mentality etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yup, it was RTWC '98 i think, and it was an unwelcome addtiion to an otheriwse great game.

Like you say whiskeyman, a much better idea would be that each player should have a sportsmanship attribute, where say Robben would be < 60 :) and dives are automaticly random based on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

I wouldnt like it because it will just become a joke and people will keep doing it.
    It will be very hard to resist. I would compare it to FIFA when you could foul the keeper. You would get a red card but the temptation of doing it is irresistable and you would still do it and it ends up ruining the game with about 6 red cards in each match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

This has the potential to go horribly, horribly wrong. I can just imagine the "No Inter, No Brazil, No Chelsea, No Cutbacks, No Passing, You're Crossing too much, You are lucky, Your mother, You're not Allowed shoot with Adriano, stop dribbling so much with Ibrahimovich, You're cheating because your goalkeeper saved my shot" brigade now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

French mags report Xbox 360 version it will be a combo of LB, RB and LT to dive. Thats R1, R1 and L2 for PSers.

They also said it would be hard to pull off, so im hoping it will just be something fun with a few mates around, not exploited online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Remember it in one of Fifa ones too. Could be funny at times, but then others ya just loose the ball and play goes on and ya think, dam divin ****. :rolleyes: PES goin all continental on us with this divin :( Pity wasnt like a ..... "honesty rating" that they could bring in. Could bring in stats of divin & unsportsman like play & disconnects in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Berns wrote:
    Remember it in one of Fifa ones too. Could be funny at times, but then others ya just loose the ball and play goes on and ya think, dam divin ****. :rolleyes: PES goin all continental on us with this divin :( Pity wasnt like a ..... "honesty rating" that they could bring in. Could bring in stats of divin & unsportsman like play & disconnects in.

Another way for you to be a dirty bastid, bet you happy :D

berns= filthy bastid.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

diving would ruin the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I'm 50-50 on this myself, but I have faith that if it doesn't work well they'll take it out. There isn't much to fault with PES6's gameplay imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Almost sure you could do this in ISS64 aswell:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm for it if there's an option to turn it off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

creggy wrote:
    I'm for it if there's an option to turn it off though.

I Agree,

If your in Master League or summit like that and you want to be competitive, switch it off.
    If ya want to have some craic with the lads, feel free.

But for me its just another chance to shout Cavan bogger stuff at me TV!
    "Oul' him off!, "Dirt!, "Ubstruction on teh fiel'!, "Jaysus Ref!, "Pure MUCKAGE!!, "Flip yooouu, ANYWAY!!!"..... you get the picture...

Advertisement