Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Ireland

Options
  • 26-07-2007 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi. I hope I'm doing it right, cause I wasn't really sure how this site works, and where should I post a thread, and what comes after what and all...
    Anyway,
    We're two 23-4-years-of-age Israeli Vegan guys (a couple), and we're gonn'a be in Ireland from the 08/08 until the 08/10 (more or less).
    We would like to meet people, and not only see touristic places (though we'll do that too). So I thought meeting Vegan/Animal Rights people could be a way to start. So if anybody's interested, please send me a mail.

baruchnir-at-gmail.com

I thought maybe we can even find someone to host us for a night or two here and there. (not an invention of mine, you can find us on www.couchsurfing.com under the member-name "omer and nir"), people actually host travellers, and it's pretty cool. (but only if it suits you...)
    Anyway - we could also use some help, in finding vegan food and stuff, so if you have advices it would be nice to know.
    And finally - Do you know where in Dublin or London can we buy good and strong vegan shoes for long-distance hikes? I saw a lot assked about it in this board before me, but the answers used terms and names that I guess Dubliners understand, and I didn't... :)
    anyway, London might also be an option for that, if anybody knows about places over there.

So, I hope this message will have any meaning, after writing it for about 25 mins.
    Have wonderful lives, and don't be too shy/lazy to send me a mail.

Nir.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

"Have wonderful lifes" - hehe.

Good luck with your stay Nir, try Cornucopia and Govinda's in Dublin for food. There are a few more too like Juice etc. My favourite is Cornucopia which is just off Grafton st.
    You would have trouble finding a place that does vegan shoes specifically here, Britain would be better. The best bet it to look at the textile signs on the shoes and it will show if there is animal used in the shoe.
    There are a good few health shops in Dublin for food for your hike, and you can use supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

if you want specifically vegan shoes, you could try the vegetarian shoe shop in england. just ring before you arrive and they will have your sizes in stock to try. their stock is listed on their website. they are in sussex, which is just south of london and should be easy enough to get to. http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

"VISITING THE SHOP? Please phone ahead to check we have stock of what you want!
    Shop address: 12 Gardner Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1UP, UK. Tel: 01273 685685. shop@vegetarian-shoes.co.uk
    Shop hours: 10 to 6 Monday To Saturday. 12 to 6 Wednesdays. Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays."

otherwise, checking the labels is all you can do.

as said, govindas and cornicopia in dublin are guarenteed to provie vegan food. though, i wouldn't wory about the food; just pick up what you need in the local supermarket; most normal restaurants are just a hassle when it comes to vegan food.

london should haven some vegetarian/vegan restaurants, but i've never been there, so can't help you with that. there are other posts in this forum mentioning restaurants in london, so you should have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

To find out where the vegan places are try www.happycow.com and to find a place to stay try www.globalfreeloaders.com

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭queera

you have to go to cafe fresh, its upstairs in the powerscourt centre just off grafton st in Dublin... also a restaurant called The Cedar Tree, all their vegetarian meals are vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah the cedar tree is very good. It's lebaneese as far as i know. plenty of good veggie stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement