Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay wetsuit

Options
  • 26-07-2007 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm an irregular, totally amateurish surfer, but I'm thinking of taking a punt on buying a wetsuit for the occassional time that I hit the shores. I was thinking of picking up the following item from eBay, but I'm not sure what I should be on the lookout for...
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/WET-SUIT-Circle-One-3m-Steamer-WETSUIT-Mens-M-BNWT_W0QQitemZ270148868775QQihZ017QQcategoryZ22712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The advert says the suit is designed for 5'7" to 5'10", and standing at 5'8", I'm in the middle of that range. However, without being able to try on the suit in question, I'm concerned that it may not be a good purchase. How reliable do you think these measurements are - is it worth trusting the advert, or is a unique fit of the utmost importance?

Considering the relative saving compared to my local outdoor pursuits retailer, I'm very tempted to opt for the eBay item.

Thoughts welcome.

--
    Angry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Im 6ft 1 and have a medium sized suit that I bought in Surfdock and it fits fine, however I am quite thin (10.5 Stone). Does that "3M" refer to the thickness, meaning 3mm in thickness? If so it might not be warm enough for Irish waters in the darker seasons. One area where discomfort seems to appear with suits that are too small with some folks I know, is in the shoulders & crotch department, so Id be concerned if your shoulders were very broad or if you have a long torso. Worst case, you can sell it on, hopefully with little financial damage. Or if your very sneaky, try a medium sized suit on in a surf shop to check general dimensions. Ultimetly though, theres always risk with fit on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

Come on guys, it's essential you try on a suit. Buying it off ebay is simply a bad idea, they don't cost that much in a shop. You probably didn't want to hear it but give it a miss. The fit of your suit is so important.

Advertisement