Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im considering becoming a subscriber, what are the advantages

Options
  • 26-07-2007 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

I know you get the fonera code, but what other advantages does subscription have ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I subscribe to support the site I get so much enjoyment and information from.

Subscribing enables you to store extra PM's, think you get a blog space, you get access to Sex & Sexuality, you get a mail address @boards.ie, you can change your nick should you want to, you can customize your avatar, you also get 4 groovey red stars under your nick.

Have a read here in case I missed something :)

There is the warm, fuzzy feeling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is like giving something back (for me anyway all the money I've saved over the years from Bargain Alerts and the enjoyment of the site, helping out etc). I think there might be more benefits added in the future but that is for the admins to decide when the server business gets sorted out.
    Of course it is completely up to yourself but just a way of giving back something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 idaho outlaw

new here and want to no if they have 3moble in idaho,i want to get one but need to no were to go to get one at i would like the help if any body no,s were in idaho,i live in homedale idaho, ,thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ruu wrote:
    It is like giving something back (for me anyway all the money I've saved over the years from Bargain Alerts and the enjoyment of the site, helping out etc). I think there might be more benefits added in the future but that is for the admins to decide when the server business gets sorted out.
    Of course it is completely up to yourself but just a way of giving back something.

You'd save more if you didn't subscribe though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I am a subscriber but do not have the cool red stars. Can't remember if I ever did.

By choice, or lost them somewhere? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Subscribing enables you to store extra PM's
    uber handy!!
    think you get a blog space
    yup.
    you get access to Sex & Sexuality
    hmm.. not AS exciting as it sounds, still ok though :D
    you get a mail address @boards.ie
    apparently...
    you can change your nick should you want to
    yup, handy.
    you can customize your avatar
    indeed - custom avatar ftw.
    you also get 4 groovey red stars under your nick.
    ^_^ groovy indeed. silver looks bettar! :p

also, wtf@fonera code? o.O

and. idaho outlaw, your txt spk burns my eyes ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hmmm, I don't need extra pm space, or a name change.
    I can't be arsed writing a blog (it boggles me how many people think that the gen pop would want to read their dribbling.)

So essentially, 50euro p.a to add a couple of stars under my name and have a custom avatar.

I'm far from sold. :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You can change the tag under you're name too. I didn't subscribe for any of the said reasons though, I doubt many do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I sub cause I want to give something back and I have a proper paying job and can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Im a subscriber and i aint got no stars under my name. Guess i not giving enough:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

shockwave wrote:
    Im a subscriber and i aint got no stars under my name. Guess i not giving enough:D

Go into you user cp and on the left hand side there is a link called group memberships. I think you can sort it there.

shockwave wrote:

Yep as AC mentioned go to UserCP->Group Memberships and tick the radio button beside the Subscribers Group. You can change your tagline as well under UserCP->Edit Profile. Enjoy. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ruu wrote:
    Yep as AC mentioned go to UserCP->Group Memberships and tick the radio button beside the Subscribers Group. You can change your tagline as well under UserCP->Edit Profile. Enjoy. :)

Really, I was right. I was just taking a guess. I always presumed that's what that was for.

Advertisement